end user agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude leave it alone,Ur just going to end up screwing ur'self over :eek:

They got your ip addy from the torrent client you use,They aren't using anything they aren't supposed to.

Every time you log on to a tracker it shows your ip unless you are behind a ton of crap to block it from showing ;)

its my dads idea and hes going to be very carefull and research as much as he can before he has his conversation with rogers. but what im saying is if ESA picked me up by receiving an upload to me they are trying to pin me for using P2P as there evidence yet it is the tool for which they are trying to "convict me" its like breaking into a theifs house to find evidence you cant do that.

They didn't get you for uploading they got you for dloading.

Rogers isn't going to do jack to you but if you start inquiring about it with them they might just get snarly about it and become pricks.

I've recieved a couple of those emails now and they haven't done anything ;)

some one said download peer guardian 2 and set it to p2p would that be a viable solution? Phoenix Labs » PeerGuardian 2

also others have mentioned in threads ive been googeling that they cannot disclose my information to ESA and it would be a violation of my rights to privacy the only way i could suffer is if they took rogers to court, and then rogers would take me and many others to court.

edit i think im good now after readign this its quite usefull for any canadian
E-mail warnings deter Canadians from illegal file sharing
preaty much says its a scare tactic nothign can be done, as rogers cannot release my information and will not waste time inforcing rules not aplicable to canada.

Right... ESA found their stuff on a tracker, put it on their p2p your ip came up on the list.
As far as I know its illegal to share, but not to download. Which you did as p2p, unless specified, automaticaly upload/share.

After your ip got caught, ESA contacted rogers and said Theses ips are Stealing our product. Stop them or we sue. Rogers then digs up your account and sends out the letter. ESA doesn't know anything about you.

Rogers is keeping themselves out of lawsuits by doing this. As you did indeed use their service ffor illegal uses.. The can boot you from it.

You got caught, now be a big boy and learn from it.

Any ip masker will work, but then again this leads to "Uncle Torrent" as you are doing illegal stuff.
Also masking most likely will stall your d/ls.

Edit....

Znet article on Cdn P2P laws

Edt 2

Hmms seems onnly music is exempt.

File sharing in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

doenst mean im dl anything ilieagual maybe im protecting myself from dangerous hackers? also p2p is leagual in canada so they cannot punish me for it. but i think peer guardian is a good idea it should only stall my uploads not my downloads. mak has seen the thread, and im sure i would have been notified way before now. no one here can state weather or not im doing anything illieagual unless i admit i am.

i say stop fighting it dude..it's illegal. they won't take action..but like others said, if you poke them enough they probably will....just lay off of it a bit

meh they dont know weather or not if i own a disk drive, so maybe i need to download clients. this hole thing sounds fishy and im going to have a tak with my dad when he gets home hes the one who received the email.

Dude, it doesn't matter if you own the game - it's still illegal to download cracked software. That's like saying I can go steal a Ferrari just because I already own a Ferrari (I actually don't, but you get the idea).

Dude, it doesn't matter if you own the game - it's still illegal to download cracked software. That's like saying I can go steal a Ferrari just because I already own a Ferrari (I actually don't, but you get the idea).

no its completely diferent from that because software isnt a phisical thing, aslogn as you dont use the crack you arent breaking any laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom