The end is nigh, repent sinners! Global warming..whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful with technologies used for dating. C14 dating is highly innacurate once you get past a couple of thousand years
there are other isotopes which have a much bigger half-life than C14.
According to dating procedures, the trees around Mt. St. Helen are thousands of years old. ;)
some dating methods aren't accurate. some are.
but I'm not sure if this subject has a place here.
Short of world-wide nuclear devastation, man isn't going to destroy the world any time soon... no matter what Al Gore says.
That, I do agree with.

I don't credit it to global warming but 70 degree winter was feeling nice for a few weeks in Jersey.

Wow, i post an article to make the global warming freaks look silly, and this is what i get? You guys take life too seriously. :)

lol, life? not really....
but our grandchildren's grandchildren (or however long it takes) not having a habitable world is pretty serious. life in general i am pretty laid back. i'm not a militant tree-hugger, either haha...but i try to do my part, recycling etc. especially since i drive a diesel truck and have a fleet of them i try to offset that in a positive green-like manner. :)

Global warming shouldn't be that big of a deal. As long as people are aware of its long term effects we can start dealing with it now. No need to keep scaring people.

true enough...but if no one thinks its a big deal, it is hard to motivate anyone to do anything about it now. we are a lazy people, in essence...it's like this, "if something isnt affecting me RIGHT NOW, then i dont need to take action".

if Einstein's relativity is 100% correct, we can't.

M = M0/SQRT[1-(v²/C²)]
where:
M = mass at velocity V
M0 = rest mass (V=0)
V = velocity
C = speed of light (3x10^8 m/s)

As V approaches C, V²/C² approaches 1
which means that the denominator of the equation is going to approach zero
but in mathematics, it is impossible to divide by zero.
So your velocity (V) can get closer and closer to the speed of light (C), but it is impossible to actually reach it

Futurama Theory

The Engines aren't moving the ship faster than the speed of light, they are moving space :D

It really has little to do with global warming. It's how much we care about the effects related to the symptom of warming.

Do we like smog? Do we like acidic oceans? Do we like deserts? etc.

Forget the doomsday stuff, the small things will reduce and affect the quality of life to such a large degree, we won't care if the sea level rises and wipes out florida.

hey nagasama, sorry i took so long to reply, (had to work late),i said time distortion because extremly strong grivitational forces can and do distort time, well thats what i have learned. i never said i was smarter then u. i was just not sure if u knew what u were talking about, now i do.

dang nagasama is smart. I just learned something today :p lol.

anyhow, if 'global warming' is true as Al Gore says it is, he's basically gonna say he told the world so, especially about flooding across the whole planet because the poles r melting.

if u think about it, this can effect the ecosystem very drastically, literally. When will this happen? No one knows.

one thing i do know, this is off topic btw, eventually we r gonna lose all oil n cannot produce anymore. Prices will get higher n then we will have to find a way to get energy to move our automobiles - fuel cells, electricity. I personally would want to get an all-electric car but that is me n what i believe in. We cannot fully control this, it's gonna happen sooner or later. Have u seen the gas prices in I Am Legend? Over $6!!

point is, no one knows for sure what is going on n the closest to what i can say to what is going on is that yes there is a problem n probably normal through out Earth's history but Al Gore 'seemed' to hit the gong already to get a Nobal Peace Prize can sure be believeable to what he is saying about global warming.

off topic again, but one thing i would truely want happen is if someone on this Earth can invent some kind of machine that can convert the CO2 into energy. OMG that would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom