Emergency!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
i know i posted this in high end computer forum, but no1 is there.......

MY HARD DRIVE IS NOT BEING DETECTED! i just woke up one morning (today), and its just gone ( not physically) i've been using it for 3 months now.....so..........what do i doo?

do you have another computer you could try the disk in? to see if its working?

nope......it worked before, in fact it was working last night........wat could've happened? keeping in mind the hard drive is about 6-7 years old.

reconnect it, make sure all cable/wires are secure etc..

Always the first thing to do. Good call, Warez.

Odds are the cable has worked itself loose (if it is a SATA). Even ATAs can get loose after time.

lol, its IDE, hehehee, no i reconnected, but for some weird reason.........it doesnt boot when i connect it..........so i have to disconnect it to be able to boot it........so i guess its dead........or something.......

"Why did they call it that??..."

Hehe. Try switching connectors with your CDROM, and switching the jumpers to umm.... "Slave" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Well, you know what i mean. :confused: :cool:

It's probably just got a little water on it. You should always dry off your drives before trying to use them in a computer. That's why Towelie says, don't forget to bring a towel.

wtf???

umm.. yeah, but i agree with everyone (including aliasaid - lol)

probly dead

lets see... 6 years, 300 days (excluding some on purpose), 20 hours, 36,000... maybe its WD with a 1.2 million hour warentee ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom