Embarrasing computer moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your fan must not spin fast

My dumb moment was troubleshooting why XP wouldnt boot, I only reliased my HD wasnt plugged in until i went c: dir in recovery console

When I was new to building I worked for a place that people donated old machines to. I took out a cpu from a mobo that wasn't working right. I did some stuff to and grabbed the cpu dropped it in and turned it on...forgot the heat sink and fan, and aslo grabbed the wrong cpu...the old one was a p1 70MHZ I dropped in a 486sx33 :( poof! odd that it even fit in there, just got the pins lined up the right way I guess.

Gawd I felt dumb.

oooo... I got two more....

this one time on TF I posted a stupid question about windows me and 2000 that I already knew...

and the other was when I helped fix a friends comp... I had the thing running like new and all the sudden the internet didn't work, for two days I was freakin out cause we couldn't get it working (very expensive hp) then all the sudden it started working, and they called the phone company to find out why it did that, the internet company was down for the last 2 days!!!

I will never doubt myself again, lol

but that isn't nearly as funny as the above post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom