Election 2012

Matt77

Daemon Poster
Who will you vote for during the U.S.'s 2012 Election?

If I was allowed to vote, I'd pick romney. Why? Because he's capable of cleaning up Bush and Obama's messes and I like what he stands for.

It takes years to clean up a mess, and every president promises to do what the other didn't. They all manage to do the same thing in the end anyways. Raise the deficit, and screw up our country more.
Just be warned, political threads aren't really allowed on here for obvious reasons. Don't be offended if the thread gets closed or locked.

Honestly, I dont want a flame war. What I was hoping to have done was for everyone to post who and why, in the hopes that maybe everyone learns something.

In be for lock! I honestly am going to write in something. I don't want to vote for either but I want the right to ***** about it later. haha.

I like Gary Johnson the best, but in November I'll be voting for whoever has the best chance of defeating our current leader.

Dislike both candidates, and I REALLY hate having to deal with todays traffic because of the stupid VP debate going on here... Heck, most things in danville are closed up, and the beer engine... Needless to say, I won't be going near it tonight.

BTW, if you think we are in a free country, try telling that to the people that live in apartments close by center college, all are being told when they are allowed to even go outside of the apartment, and basically everything. Check points all over, can't do jack. Some free country... Maybe for the rich *******s that get elected. Don't even try to pull the security BS as the reason for people being told that they can't go in/out of their own home.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd be all over Johnson too if it wasn't essentially wasting your vote.

Funny thing is I typically vote Democrat, but I would have voted for Ron Paul in a heartbeat had he gotten the Republican nomination; a lot of my Demo friends would have done the same.

Yep, I am demo, would have gone ron honestly, I know a LOT of people that want to vote for him... But, you can thank how our government and the election works in the end. Only get who ever they tell us we can pick from in the end.

Technically politics is not allowed, I'll allow this if it stays civil and one of the higher ups doesn't want to override it. No flaming or condescension allowed or the lock and infractions/bans come out. Treat each other with respect, regardless of whether you think a view is uninformed; if you think it's uninformed then calmly share the issues you take with it. Then as far as I'm concerned debate away.

Ultimately I think democratic elections are actually somewhat farcical, unless a party takes all seats then the moderating influence of the other parties dilutes their actions. It roughly works out the same in the end, the biggest difference is in the way the leaders/party convey themselves publicly and what destabilising factors they encounter in their term as to how history will record it.

Back
Top Bottom