EFF: AT&T forwards all Internet traffic into NSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
EFF: AT&T forwards all Internet traffic into NSA - spamdailynews.com April 07, 2006

"The evidence that we are filing supports our claim that AT&T is diverting Internet traffic into the hands of the NSA wholesale, in violation of federal wiretapping laws and the Fourth Amendment," said EFF Staff Attorney Kevin Bankston.

"More than just threatening individuals' privacy, AT&T's apparent choice to give the government secret, direct access to millions of ordinary Americans' Internet communications is a threat to the Constitution itself. We are asking the Court to put a stop to it now," said Bankston.

The NSA program came to light in December, when the New York Times reported that the President had authorized the agency to intercept telephone and Internet communications inside the United States without the authorization of any court.

more about mark klein here

Wiretap Whistleblower's Statement - wired.com news

Does this only affect you if you have AT&T internet? What about comcast? I am switching to covad DSL soon, would that also be given to the NSA?

Not sure but if you connect to any services that use AT&T could they report what all your doing while using that service??? Like some of the battle.net servers, they use AT&T and there servers run that warden program on computers to gather program information that your running in the background to check for hacks... so they say anyways....

i assume anything traveling along at&t's network is being recorded and passed through an app used sniff out specific traffic. The second link explains what jobs an at&t tech had to do.

I'm not sure, i'm just a tad bit worried because Battle.net uses that Warden program with there games to record some data, and then thee servers are being hosted by AT&T, well the east realm atleast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom