ecost.com $ucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullserpent

Beta member
ecost.com had the Asus A8N32SLI Deluxe on sale for $209.** and the company offered free shipping for orders over $25 or 3day upgrade for $10.

So I jumped on it and got seriously $crood!

First, though it stated on thier site as I completed the order process that it was in stock, my e-mail invoice showed the status as back ordered, nice to let me know after I paid for it.

Total came to $236.96! Of course free shipping comes with CA sales tax (thanks lame CA goverment)an $8 handling fee with free shipping what a deal, nice. But still saving money so far...

Check my bank account on line last night (I used my debit for this like a dummy) the
flippin idiots authorized my account twice for 2 different amounts $235.21 & $236.96 obviously an error with thier website or thier billing dept. My account is now overdrawn $35 fee plus $22 per transaction after the fact. SWEET

Then I speak with my bank last night, they can reverse the charges no prob. if the vendor contacts them with my purchase info.

I send an e-mail immediately after speaking with my bank detailing exactly what happened and how to correct it to ecost.com's customer service, with an explicit request to call me ASAP.

By 11am today I had not heard from them. So I give em a call.

Today after 20 min on hold I get some jerk in thier customer disservice dept. who rather than allowing me to explain how my account is overdrawn keeps cutting me off to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and an "authorization is not a charge and I am stupid and wasting his time. When after 5 min of this I tell him to SHUT UP and stop interupting me so I can speak, he starts calling names and even had the minerals to talk about my mother. I said put your supervisor on the phone repeatedly (at this point yelling very loud as he had no interest in paying attention otherwise it appeared) as he's still running his mouth at this point, so he puts me on hold for 5 min then hangs up. Deals getting better all the time.

I manage to get through to another customer service employee at this point, who politely listens to the entire situation without interuption (less than a minute, the other idiot apparently could'nt waste listening to a customer), and did put me on the phone with a supervisor. Who was polite and understanding, and cancelled the "authorizations", and will supposedely deal with "derek" (I did manage to get his name in the begining of the call -I can't call it a conversation).

So I wasted over 2 hours of my day, cancelled the purchase, still have an overdrawn bank account with over $100 in penalties and no mobo, no recompensation and no options at this point but to leave the situation in the hands of this company who I have at this point absolutely no faith in what so ever.

I am posting this in order to warn anyone who might be tempted to shop with ecost.com in the future as it is my only recourse (barring a lawyer), and because had I been aware of thier utter incompetence I would not have done bussines with them, and certainly never will again.

me 2 i thought ebuyer was bad ..its good compared to ECOST do u know what ECOST stands for

Expensive Cost lol

Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Next time, use a credit card. That way the fees don't pile up and you can dispute the charge if you don' t like what they have done.

Yeah I wouldn't even look at ecost.com because it's known for bad "everything". Can't trust them at all.

dude like, im to lazzy to read the whole thing but that sucks.... i thinnk

Ick, I hate it when customer service reps don't listen.

How can you know if it sucks when you haven't read the whole thing?

Next time just go with newegg. They are top-notch, customer service is polite too.

I'm sure that with every business you'll be able to find at least one person that is seriously dissatisfied. Then if you continue to look, which will be harder to find, you'll find at least one that is completely satisfied. What's the difference?

The seriously dissatisfied person will join a few forums and post their contempt for the site (and usually never return) and hope to ruin the site's credibility. It doesn't.

On the other hand, a satisfied person may like the site so well that they join the affiliate program and then spam forums with their affiliate links. They get banned and the thread deleted so you don't know much about them either.

If you think back awhile, there was someone ranting about how bad Newegg was, and now it's been recommended in this thread (which I think is fine to recommend them).

The point is, joining a form to make a single rant about a bad situation will get some attention for a short while, but will probably do nothing to help the situation (other than make the poster "feel" they've done something back at 'em). Soon, this thread will be forgotten.

Some of you have offered some good advice about contacting different agencies to tell about the dissatisfaction. That will be more productive than a single rant at a 100 forums. And of course, the recommendations may be lost in virtual space if the poster never comes back to read what the replies are. So, if the poster never reads it and he has complained about his lost time, hasn't he lost more time from doing something that is unproductive?

I'm sympathetic to consumers having bad situations, especially when those situations involve a ill-tempered employee of the site. So, do the proper thing and tell their management (which he did) and then report the place to a consumer advocate. Get it taken care of! Then join a forum because you want to be part of the community and then tell your community members that bad experience.

Bullserpent, I hope you get the situation rectified and that you have better experiences in the future. See you around the forum.

Dave :D

I disagree with you DMo, joining a forum and sharing your bad experince can seriously harm a store. However a random posts by a member not well known rarely does much at all.

In others forums I visit, one post from a member caused a store multi thousands of dollars in dammage, as well as now having a bad BBB rating. Now the entire forum (which is unlike this one, and more important in a buisness sense by far) boycotts this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom