Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I sell on Ebay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sudden0utburst

In Runtime
Ebay selling is amazing if you know what you're doing. However, my girlfriend recently made an attempt and failed horribly. She actually lost around 7 dollars and her product in one sale, haha! I'm just curious is this ever has happened to any of you and am interested in your stories. It has never happened to me because I'm an Ebay Veteran haha.

Never done anything on it since it requires a credit card and I only have a debit card.

Nope, has to be credit rather than debit. At least, in the UK it does.

Ebay selling is amazing if you know what you're doing. However, my girlfriend recently made an attempt and failed horribly. She actually lost around 7 dollars and her product in one sale, haha! I'm just curious is this ever has happened to any of you and am interested in your stories. It has never happened to me because I'm an Ebay Veteran haha.

Lost seven dollars ? let me hear this again in HD mode! :)
Really though whatever you sale if it's brand new or just lightly brand new make sure of it and have some sort of warrenty on the item and sale.

Used items, I think ebay buyers take a risk without reading the whole auction and clear detail.
I had 2 and one just recently not read the auction correctly, yes I will tell you right out I will not give you back your money not unless the item is faulty on my end with proof and pictures or I gave you a wrong description of what I stated.

Ebay is like the **** stock market, most of the time it's not a laughing matter when your trying to make a buck or pay a billl and someone else screws you some way or somehow with a lie.

At this moment I don't think I'll on ebay after a awhile, they are holding back 83.00 which I sold a new DS lite on, however they are concerned I might get a charge back from a customer ?
Yet they are still begging me to give them there 9.00 fee for the auction item winning.

I told them flat out this morning, if the customer wants their money back, they won't get anything from me from a item being returned, funds being sent back to customer and the auction failing.

If you want to directly know what is really going on with ebay need what visit some other official ebay forums and read their blog status updates 2010 2011.
I know their games quite well and so do many others after being on it for more than 8 years+.

I think in little due time most people will get sick of ebay directly buyer or seller.

I sell on ebay, and was very much successful. I last sold my ASUS EeeBox and final auction was $200. Starting at $60.

Nope, has to be credit rather than debit. At least, in the UK it does.

What you smoking again ? My PayPal account only has a Debit Card on it and all is working fine.

I only use eBay because there arn't many other good alternatives. I think the final value fee of 10% is extortionate. If you sell something for £1000, you will pretty much end up losing 100 after eBay, PayPal fees.

to mike fury. > hey pal. I think its paypal that holds the fees. they do it now for 21 days until you can prove your a reputable seller..

to kman. > i think hes right, you can buy w/ anything but need a valid CC to sell.. i jus figured most debits have a "cc built it"

Yeah, I was gonna stick my old 260 on there to find a very specific "You must have a credit card attached to your account to do this" error.

to mike fury. > hey pal. I think its paypal that holds the fees. they do it now for 21 days until you can prove your a reputable seller..

Yes they sent me that with the buyers invoice I did at 6pm, however they are looking at my sales and auctions and they say after making more than 250.00 dollars we want to monitor you and limit your selling priviledges ?

I have atleast 8 positive feed backs, there was one guy who was nice about the auction but he flat out does not leave feedback for anybody with feedback it's been about 2 months since I heard from him.
The last 2 recent customers, one I will tell you in a email you'll die laughing about what happened with the shipping, but in the end, it was someone else who did not clearly read the auction completly.
Very nice guy, I am lucky he did not want his money back during the past seven days.

He was just plenty happy that I kept him informed, riding UPS/USPS screw up problems, and he still gets free support until the item is functional and pleasing.

I guess thats why ebay is doing this, but in all honesty thats seem abit stupid to do that to someone. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom