ebay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
ebay problem

I just bought and paid for a new inside door handle for my car as my current one has a crack in it and is about to break off. I paid for it with PayPal and paid for shipping. Tonight, I got a message from the seller that says:
We want to let you know we are going to send you a left side door handle next Tuesday due to we are out of inventory.

That really p*sses me off. And I'm pretty sure that's against Ebay policy to list an item you don't have. Should I ask for a refund and buy one from a different seller (may cost a little more) or should I just ask this seller for a refund of the shipping costs and wait?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0021321996&category0=&fvi=1&item=280021321996

Notice that the title suggests that I HURRY!!! lol..what's the hurry? they don't have any in stock! a**holes.....

Yeah, that's BS. They should comp you shipping, or let you back out of the deal and get a FULL refund. I have bought and sold many things on eBay over the last 4 years, and I have never heard of this kinda thing. They should not auction off something that they do not have. The seller has a really good feedback rating, so they should accomodate you.

99.9% positive reviews, you'd think that they would be pretty good e-bayers.

But i think they're now getting 99.8% positive reviews :p

yea... thats bologna. Take them out.

Meanwhile... i'm making a ton of money off my textbooks. I'm actually making a profit off of them. See, i buy all of my books NEW from eBay or other online stores. I never buy from the college bookstore. So i get them very cheap. Then, i make sure i take perfect care of them. Then i wait until the next semesters first week of classes (when everyone is going crazy to find books). I put one math book on monday night and it sold tuesday morning. I put another on last night and it sold a few minutes ago. Now, i just listed a sociology book which hopefully will sell fast as well since it's an in-demand book.

I love eBay

sent to seller:

To whom it may concern:

I am requesting a refund of my shipping costs ($5.00).

You can't sell an item you don't have. I selected and paid for this item promptly because I need it promptly.

I could, per Ebay rules, get a full refund from you. However, your excellent feedback rating shows me that you are usually a good seller and good to your customers. I hope that you are willing to make this deal. If not, I have no problem taking my business elsewhere.

Please respond by 5pm Thursday, August 31st or I will take the appropriate action to get my money back.

Thanks,
Matt

I know, $5.00 isn't much....but it's the principle of the whole thing.

good show... even if it is $5... thats nearly a gallon of gas

lol... although gas prices are 2.37 here now... its crazy... 2 weeks ago it was 2.99

molsen said:
sent to seller:

To whom it may concern:

I am requesting a refund of my shipping costs ($5.00).

You can't sell an item you don't have. I selected and paid for this item promptly because I need it promptly.

I could, per Ebay rules, get a full refund from you. However, your excellent feedback rating shows me that you are usually a good seller and good to your customers. I hope that you are willing to make this deal. If not, I have no problem taking my business elsewhere.

Please respond by 5pm Thursday, August 31st or I will take the appropriate action to get my money back.

Thanks,
Matt

I know, $5.00 isn't much....but it's the principle of the whole thing.

Well said! Tell us what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom