Ebay: Am I paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
So, I've been a tad 'behind' in the recent online auctioning trend. It's not as formal and in your face as selling something directly to someone else.

But, now, I'm being I guess you would say, pestered about an item i'm selling. The buyer wants to pay a few hundred dollars more instead of placing a bid through the ebay website, wants me to request the funds via paypal and all of this other, "to good to be true" stuff. Does this sound like a scam?:confused:

if he is willing to do paypal before hand, let him send you the money, withdraw it, and delete the paypal account

if he is willing to do paypal before hand, let him send you the money, withdraw it, and delete the paypal account

lol, I'd agree to that if I hadn't set it up for a business account. Thanks for the replies, my finger was itching on the invoice option on paypal. It's crazy though, this guy has a high ebay rating from sellers and buyers, how is that possible?:confused:

Hijacked account, Fake account only selling items like digital downloads to himself, or to his buddies who will only leave positive feed back.

This is a scam an it's a prity common one mate, they offer to pay you more than its worth if you will deal with them out side of ebay an then they screw you over. Most of the time they ask you to ship to Africa or eastern Europe. Best thing you can do is say no sorry ebay only an report the bidder, hopefuly if it is a jacked acount they will get the account under control and back to it's rightful owner.

Hijacked account, Fake account only selling items like digital downloads to himself, or to his buddies who will only leave positive feed back.

This is a scam an it's a prity common one mate, they offer to pay you more than its worth if you will deal with them out side of ebay an then they screw you over. Most of the time they ask you to ship to Africa or eastern Europe. Best thing you can do is say no sorry ebay only an report the bidder, hopefuly if it is a jacked acount they will get the account under control and back to it's rightful owner.
Ah.

Beat you, Saxon. :D

lol. Okay, I'll adjust the time frame, this guy was pretty specific and quick to get the item away from me and as far away from transactions on ebay as much as possible. I guess there isn't any real effort to online auctions and scamming people these days.

^ True, I would like to say i don't know enough about digital scam an digital fraud but I know two much FAR FAR to much. I have a white paper I am going to publish on my new page as soon as i get it finalized.

Object while i am on it, is there any chance you can keep me informed about this? I might want to reference it at some point.

^ True, I would like to say i don't know enough about digital scam an digital fraud but I know two much FAR FAR to much. I have a white paper I am going to publish on my new page as soon as i get it finalized.

Object while i am on it, is there any chance you can keep me informed about this? I might want to reference it at some point.

Not a problem, I can forward the messages the user sent me to my email for back up. I haven't 'replied' to his latest claim that he was having trouble placing a bid on my page.

If it isn't people afraid to buy your item it's people trying to scam you out of it, i swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom