Dude, your Dell Notebook is on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has to be scared. How many laptops have actually exploded. Your not scared of cars are you? Well cars kill a **** of a lot more people than laptops do!

What would be scary is if that lappy was actually on your lap when it went POOFTA, and roasted your fellas.... That's what I would be Skeered of.... Grilled weiner and a side on toasted nuts... YIKES :eek:

Oh god, I fly to San Deigo the second week of July and know I'm afraid someone is going bring a dell laptop and blow up the plane!!!

Maybe the laptop would be the next shoe bomb? The next time I see a middle eastern person bring a DELL on a plane I'm going to to keep an eye on him.

Just kidding, but really DELL is pushing their components too hard in order to save money.

exactly! the cooling is very poor on dell lappys.

only yesterday, i was at my friends house, on his old dell lappy, a 1.7GHz P4 Moblie.

I decided to give it a bit of prime95 torture test. I had it going 5 minutes, with both fans full whack, and it hit an impressive max temp of 78*C. It was stable though.

I don't know if anyone actually read the article or not, it was kinda biased. But, it wasn't the Laptop itself, it was caused by a faulty battery. As much as I hate Dell, I don't think they make the batteries, so It wasn't really their fault.

If a company made a car fiited with faulty brakes and caused cars to crash, just because they didn't manufauture them they aren't liable? The matter is that Dell put batteries that might explode under normal conditions, so even if it isn't their batteries it still is their fault for not making sure they're putting safe components in their computers. This happened because Dell wanted to save money and either made or bought batteries that are poorly made or not tested safe. It's one thing ignoring safety measures for things like aluminum cans, but with something that can actually explode while sitting on someones lap is a pretty big issue.

Not saying that Dell doesn't care about safety it's just not their priority (which of course is making money).

Yeah, but beefcake, believe me, i'm not backing Dell, but they have had several recalls on Notebook batteries... So, they are aware of the problem. A lot of people don't listent o recalls and go about their marry way witht he hardware, until it blows up in their faces. All you have to do is send it to them and they send you a new one Pronto.

Yea seriously. When all those Xboxs where being recalled my friend just kept his and not hes *****ing about it. What gets me is nobody cares until they see one ting happen and now ALL Dell laptops are going to explode. Come on give me a break.

Even if they have the recalls that doesn't change the fact that they used cheap and unsafe batteries. It is true nobody listens to recalls, I never returned my Xbox (even though it works fine for 4 years) but I did order the new power cord for it (because it was free :) )

I am just commenting on Dell, whenever there is a recall the company themselves are liable even if it wasn't their fault. That is why parents are liable when their children get into trouble. You can't totally blame the people, I mean some people NEED their laptops for work or something and it's just out of their way to go through the recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom