Dry scaly hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikillyou61

Banned
My hands are so dry and red and they crack all over.

what should I do?

I put on Hand lotion and I wash them everyday and I tried not washing them when they cleared up but no matter what I do my skin gets dry.

The lotion works some of the time and some of the time it makes it worse and sometimes it works but my hands get itchy for 1 day or 2

what an interesting topic...

is there any substance you work with or come into contact with that may be causeing this?

If it's a continuing problem, see a dermotologist. You could save yourself time and ask about the wart and this in the same visit.

how does drinking water fix this?

I never drink water I always drink caffiene cause it keeps me awake and helps me sleep and water is tastelss and after seeing that thing on the news in that one schools water I don't think I'll ever drink water again!!!

OMG. ARE YOU STUPID?! You don't drink water...You should banish yourself from the human race...

You need to drink water --> your brain functions a lot more better with it, you don't stay dehydrated, it helps with fat loss... Come on now.

I didn't like to drink that much water when I was young... probably because it seemed common. What I mean is that water is free, and I guess you just don't care for it. I liked drinking SPRITE and other sugary drinks because they tasted good. Now that I'm older, that's not true.

I know, I know, we've all heard this one over and over again. But how many of us really drink enough water? I'm talking at least 10 8 ounce glasses of water a day, minimum. You should
really try to take in a full gallon of water each day.

Why, you ask? Let me count the ways. First of all, our bodies are over 70% water. That should tell you something right there. And you all know that you can go much longer without food than you can without water.

The body needs a lot of water in order to maintain its daily functions efficiently. In addition, water helps to flush out harmful toxins, as well as prime the body for fat loss.

If your body isn't getting enough water, it does everything it can to hold on to the water it does have. The problem with this, is the way it holds onto the water. You see, over 70% of your muscle is made up of water. It helps to give your muscles that full, pumped look (along with
glycogen).

However, if your body is not taking in enough water, that water is used for other things, leaving you bloated. And the way to get rid of that excess water, believe it or not, is to take in enough water.

This will rid you of that excess water weigh that bloats you, and begin to help your body run more efficiently and priming it to begin dropping body fat.

Once you begin taking in enough water, your body starts dropping weight, possibly 4 or 5 pounds in the first week. Now, this is mostly water weight. However, doing so does
optimizes your bodily functions, allowing it to run more efficiently and start burning stored body fat for energy.

Here's another little trick you can use. Instead of just drinking water, begin drinking ice cold water. You see, there is a metabolic cost to eating. In other words, the digestion of food, as you'll read about in the next tip, takes calories. Well, so does drinking ice cold water.

The body needs to heat up this water in order to be able to use it properly and doing so takes energy, i.e., calories. You can burn another 50 to 100 calories a day by drinking one half gallon to a gallon of ice cold water per day.

It doesn't seem like much. However, in addition to all the other benefits of taking in enough water, by drinking ice cold water, you can drop almost a full pound of fat each month, or 12 pounds per year.

Nice article. Describes some of the key aspects of water.

As mentioned above, you can lose some extra calories just by drinking ice cold water. I think it was around 16-18 calories per glass. Not bad, it adds up sooner or later and can lead to a few extra pounds (see above post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom