Drugs/meds are crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Yeah, so like two weeks ago, I got a higher dose of medication and now I'm like freckin high off it, but its a side effect (good figure). Anyways I could probably talk about that forever, but you guy's don't want to hear it. My visit to my doc today however does make for a good story.

Got up this morning, felt like someone hit me with a bat (I don't drink (well not much)) and I felt dizzy. After awhile I realized that my brain was working differently and the only way I could describe it was I felt like I was high.

Anyways, I had an appointment scheduled today so I went and when my doctor asked me what was new I said it had had the desired effects, but only along with the most severe side effects I'd felt in the entire two years I've been in treatment. He asked what they were and I told him "I'm ****ed up", (pause) "I feel like I'm high". Then we had a discussion of what symptoms i felt and all that and I ended up making computer analogies like "my [snipped] running faster", "I need to ctrl+alt+del some things", and I'm overclocked in every way (my blood pressure and temp included). I even said it seems like things are bottlenecking, because my eyes and ears can't keep up with my brain.

But yea despite the side effects I feel completely great for the first time in 3-4 years. Hopefully it will last.

bum said:
He asked what they were and I told him "I'm ****ed up", (pause) "I feel like I'm high". Then we had a discussion of what symptoms i felt and all that and I ended up making computer analogies like "my [snipped] running faster", "I need to ctrl+alt+del some things", and I'm overclocked in every way (my blood pressure and temp included). I even said it seems like things are bottlenecking, because my eyes and ears can't keep up with my brain.

Mmm Good job, Im sure you're doctor really understood you.

Excellent choice of words :rolleyes:

Well, it was for entertainment value, we both laughed and I've seen him for a long time, so we have a different sort of relationship. Just know that he did know what I meant and we had I more "proper" discussion after that. He was actually quite happy to see something work for once so the word choice would have had extra meaning to him.

Don't hate, be positive.

out of curiosity, what medication are you taking?

some meds, especially those for your brain, can really make you feel crazy lol. i took lexapro (ssri for depression) for a week and it made me feel crazy. i felt tingly, my mind was racing, i was hyper and couldn't sleep. needless to say i switched to a different medication after that.

Cymbalta, but its 2x the normal max, I went to a shrink and she said do either that or "more aggressive options" aka ECT. Needless to say I chose this. My doctor isn't worried, because as I said, I've being taking meds for 2 years (lost count of how many), so I guess I'm good at being crazy now.

Curosity:
Is your """""""""depression""""""""""""" a result of chemical imbalance or circumstance/mentality.

Feel free not to answer or if your taking the drug for another reason?

Ste said:
Curosity:
Is your """""""""depression""""""""""""" a result of chemical imbalance or circumstance/mentality.

before he answers (if he does), keep in mind that circumstance can cause a chemical imbalance which is difficult to shake. similarly, one's " mentality" can be the result of a chemical imbalance so they aren't necessarily different or seperate ideas ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom