drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the fact that his parents ARE too strict. He needed a release to get rid of all the frustrations in his life. If I had parents that were too strict, I think I would go nuts, but not to the point of delving into the corrupted world of drugs. I have very good parents and I stay away from drugs because of seeing what it does to people. The town I live in is boring, very boring, much like a retirement place. Now, with the city not putting any effort into giving kids anything to do in town, the kids mostly look towards drugs. This town has every damn drug you can think of and is saturated with it. There isn't one person I know that hasn't done it. I am not just talking about pot either; I am talking about hard pure drugs. It's sad really. Recently, more like a month ago, I broke up with my girlfriend, tough stuff. She did have a psycho step-dad and her dad did drugs and lived in Maine. I started dating her back in Nov 03 all the way till Late Feb 04. She had so many mental problems and had an attention span of at least 3 seconds and she was only 16! Me, 17. It's hard to be with someone like that, but I didn't mind it, and I still don't. That never really bothered me because she was clean when I dated her, or so I thought. About a month into the relationship, everything was going great, and then she started up pot... Ok, fine, I will just keep the windows rolled down. Soon whenever I wasn't around her, she would hang out with people who were into drugs and shit. So then I started thinking maybe she was going back into them again. I couldn't understand why, she said I was the best thing that ever happened to her, why would she want to go back to drugs? I phone calls got shorter and shorter and I felt like all I ever did was cart her around to go smoke pot and have sex. Sure, sex is great, but not when you hardly see each other (I go to school, she dropped out. :( ) and always hear her talking about how bad she feels. About her suicide attempts and OD's. God, she had od'ed so many times. 40 Koladipins (sp?) is a lot at once. I hardly ever heard her saying something positive. I stopped eating, and dreaded her phone calls because they were so negative. Also she tried to steal from Sears one night I was with her. She was on some pills and that drove me to the breaking point. I finally broke up with her in Feb. It was the hardest thing in the world to do, because she is so good at making you feel guilty. I didn't want to break up with her, I still loved her more than anything, but it was dragging me down and we no longer did much except have sex. I wanted something more fulfilling and not something so empty with despair. Anyways, I have gone too long with this already, sorry for the long post, I just got carried away. -Out

alienAntFarm said:
it was precription but it wasnt his and it isnt bad parenting his parents are stricked as hell

Most of the time it is the severly strick parenting that casues kids to want to rebel.

Kids that are never allowed to do anything will eventually rebel harder then kids that have some freedom...

its the case of, being told not to do something,
then the thought is in your head,
"why can't I do it" then "I want to do it" then "I WILL do it... F ** THEM!!!!"

There is a fine line between controlling and teaching....

oh yeah and to quote hygor who has quoted from south park "drugs are bad mmmmkay"
:amazed:

I say it's a combination of bad parenting, bad parenting, and bad parenting. But since the parents can't always be around to tell their kids what not to do, i'd have to say bad parenting, bad parenting, bad parenting...

You said he was a 'stoner' right? Well, how dumb would a parent have to be to not see that if a fellow student could see it?? And if your pholosophy on keeping your kids off of drugs is just telling them 'Timmy, don't do drugs" then that is also dumb.

And about that 'taking drugs to keep yourself happy' thing... that is not true. A person doesn't need drugs to decide what kind of mood they're going have.:sigh:

And I appologize if my opinions offend any of you. They are not meant to do so. :)

Mac Mogul, i dont agree with your computer standards:)p), but damn i agree with everything you said in your last post :D

You all are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

It's bad parenting, the parents are too strict.
The parents need to be more involved yet they already are too strick.

Kids do stupid things! Parents never want kids to do stupid things.

Kids rebel regardless of the level of strictness of the parent. Some kids are more concerned with peer pressure than others and will do 'stupider' things than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom