Driving a Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya man sticks are fun. I leaned in a old dodge neon. The spring was freaking hard, so when ever u stalled that thing, it would bounce like hell. But hell thats how u learn. I caught on pretty quick. I jsut love driving sticks, theres something to it that u dont get from automatics.

About those heel toes.. man those are freaking hard to learn. Took me a while. When i went to san francisco with my parents, i finally got it. I was proud, lol. My dad was like wtf, howd u do that... :D

Drifting.. lol thats fun stuff. We had a drift contest here not long ago.

I was pissed off when paresnts sold the noen tho, im driving a 2001 auto volvo s40. Nice confy car, but man im getting a stick when i go to college.

the worst is pulling out of my driveway.......its gravle on a 45degree angle...sooo hard to not spin or stall. oh...and the clutch on my toyota has 230,000 miles on it.....crap i need a new clutch...

the way i learned is racing bikes.....fun poppin the clutch hittin the powerband and riding a wheelie.....the girls love it! and even more when u drift around a turn and roost the crowd...so much fun *remembers the good days* but it really hurtts when u case a triple on my yz250f......it bottoms and all the shock goes to the ancles....ouch

H4x3r said:
the worst is pulling out of my driveway.......its gravle on a 45degree angle...sooo hard to not spin or stall. oh...and the clutch on my toyota has 230,000 miles on it.....crap i need a new clutch...

the way i learned is racing bikes.....fun poppin the clutch hittin the powerband and riding a wheelie.....the girls love it! and even more when u drift around a turn and roost the crowd...so much fun *remembers the good days* but it really hurtts when u case a triple on my yz250f......it bottoms and all the shock goes to the ancles....ouch

came up short on a 45 foot double on a 300EX.... wasnt fun.. bent the HELL out of my handle bars and ripped the light off :)

then my firend did it on a 250EX and did the same thing.. lol... i dont know how he made it that far.... :)

Release the clutch slowly. I drive them too, at my dad's place, he has a huge lot.

Tip: Press the clutch and brake and shift into first, then quckly press the accelerator with your heel, get it up to 4000+RPM and release the clutch. If you do it properly, you'll have a stand by burnout. Don't keep it for long, or your roast your engine, cause there will be no air going to your rad. **ONLY WORKS WITH RWD**

TO do a FWD burnout, hold the hand brake and floor it, and turn the wheel if you want to do donuts. Very fun.

desiboi nice trick. with a fwd automatic you can keep your engine in neutral and rev your engine up. while still on the gas you can shift into drive to do a burnout. or you could hold your emergency brake to do a standing burnout.

what I love is when there's enough snow i practice doing a 360 spin in my subaru legacy. its an automatic. I put it in reverse and get some speed than brake hard and turn. I think what i'm doing wrong is that i need more speed or use some gas to get a full 360. I can drift using the ebrake pretty well though. the trick with drifting is when you start loosing traction and spinning out you apply MORE gas to do spins. anybody got some more tips to share?

If you want more power out of your car, lean the mixture. lol. If you add more gas, sometimes your car will spin out, SO FUN!! There was this video on drifting on the net. A BMW M3 ripped its tire off! lol.

One more tip: IF your on a hill, like almost 45 degress, we have them here in Vancouver, when you stop the car and want to drive off again, all you do is put the hand brake on, shift into 1st and press the gas slightly, and release the hand brake. Then you'll get no burnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom