Driving a Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have been driving standard for about a year, I would never (willingly) go back to driving an auto. After a little while, you dont even notice that you are shifting.

Static_11 said:
MY STRATEGY: get a manual 4-wheeler before this and you shouldnt hav a problem learning shifting and using a clutch :D

That's not alway's true,I grew up riding bike's and i can't drive a standard worth crap :( Everyone was alway's telling me if you can ride a motorcycle you can drive stick :rolleyes: YA RIGHT!!!! I'm going on 30 and i still can't really drive stick :p

I drive a car with a manual gearbox. Here in the UK most are. I don't think I'd ever want an automatic. Once you get used to it it's easy.

like m3trj said... its easy.. and iv grown up on bikes... so i phave the clutch skills alredy worked out... ( *yummmm*... burnouts... :) )

Gaara your a toronto guy right? Let me come to Toronto to laugh at you stalling
Assuming you can already drive a clutch, then everyones who's learned has stalled it in the beginning.

I learned on a 3-speed heavy duty clutched 1984 chevy pickup....my god...you learn to drive stick on that thing you're set for any vehicle...the thing was ridiculous, you wouldn't believe how much pressure you had to put on the clutch.

My fav car was a little 5 speed 1994 nissan that my bastard friend wrecked, man it was a good car.

Stick is so much better than automatic...there are those times when you're like "bah...I just want an automatic" on say a day you're tired or something like that and going down a street and hitting every stop light, but really the response of a stick is great, love that feeling.....not only that but once you get it down it's really smooth, and you look cool like you're a pro who can drive :p especially considering chances are most kids your age infact haven't learned to drive a stick. I swear it's almost becoming a lost art these days.

No driving school offers stick up here.

Well even if all I can drive is manual, I can still laugh at him.

hmm, our driving schools don't offer learning stick, they just teach you to drive and it's BYOC (bring your own car for those that can't put that together :p ) so if you don't know stick then don't bother showing up :D

Everything went smooooooth today, I pulled up next to some ganster, reved up the car and speed off. Not one stall, pulled into first gear easily. Going uphill is indeed a challenge though, especially when someone pulls up behind you and is riding your arse.

See... this is the point which you slowly get out of the car with a bat and walk up.....

id better stop here.. lol :)

jk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom