Driving a Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Yes, I'm learning to drive a standard gearbox, and it's much harder than I figured it would be, but hey, then I remember why I'm doing it...girls. ;)

The most annoying part is shifting into first gear, I either rev up the engine way too much and have this huge burnouts, or I release the clutch way too soon and the car stalls. Once I get out of 1st gear though smooth salling commences.

It's also very annoying having to press the clutch down every time I come to a stop.

Just the whole aspect of slowly easing into one pedal and out of another at the same time makes me wish I learned standard before an automatic, I'm now just used to speedy accelerations and it's a tough habit to break. :(

It is a little rough to start with, but I love my stick. Oh, an auto is really nice, and my wife's Expedition is an auto, but there's somethign about shifting through the gears.

Just a note to remeber: Drive-through food and stickshifts do not mix.

Don't scare him.

Stopping and starting uphill is fun, too. My wife will still go several blocks around to avoid that situation...

MY STRATEGY: get a manual 4-wheeler before this and you shouldnt hav a problem learning shifting and using a clutch :D

my man you have to drift that car. i dont drive yet but i drove my frindes and i difted far in 1st its fun the girls will love it.

Very true, Static.

I had a 3-wheeler (showing my age, huh?), but it didn't have a clutch... just shift.

I learned to drive a stick in an old Toyota pickup with an almost gone clutch. I then bought a 1981 Mitsubishi/Dodge Challenger w/5-speed that had an almost gone clutch (in '87). I drove it for a couple of months before the clutch went completely out. but it was long enough to learn well.

i have one question how the insurene on a car for you guys how much you pay every month or every 6 months. over here i would have to pay alot next year if i drive.

i wish three-wheelers would come back :) theyd be fun to screw around on.... but i have a '96 300ex.... VERY soon to have a car tho... then ill get a job and work up enough moeny to buyt a 400ex :) or a 450R :D :D:D gtg to MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom