driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got about 10 hours on my permit. I am faking the other 40. Somebody at school only drove for 1 hour and 30 minutes on her permit and then she faked the rest and she is a good driver, or so she says she is. My parents keep on saying that I am a way better driver then my sister which is a good thing. My sister isn't a good driver at all. She got 2 speeding tickets and totaled 1 car.

Brilliant plan. Start a collection now for bail money and insurance rates higher than you ever imagined.

I am a great driver and don't get nervous when driving. After the first few days on my permit I started drifting around turns. I was just going to fast around the turns and I didn't really try it. Now I can go around a turn at a safe speed.

No you were not drifting...1st of all, your probably driving a FWD car, which are extremely hard to drift because they understeer. Just because the back wheels slide a bit, that does not constitute a drift. 2nd, drifting on the street is illegal, and if your parents are allowing you to do that before you even have your license, then they are stupid, plain and simple. Enjoy the tickets your going to be getting. 3rd, more than likely you are not a great driver, probably not even a good driver as of yet. Everyone says that, and usually they aren't so great. Based upon the posts I have read here from you, I would guess that you are not a great driver, especially if your putting other peoples lives at stake because you don't know how to properly control a car in a slide.

I mean god dude...I'm 17 and I'm not stupid enough to be drifting/trying to drift on the street where other people could be killed if you make a mistake. As of right now, until I am able to control a drift and know how my car will react to certain things, I ONLY drift under CONTROLLED environments, OFF the roads.

You just contradicted yourself, buddy... DRIFTING? How the **** did you manage to DRIFT around a turn? Did your dad smack you for that? Because he should have.

When one is good at drifting (IE: Professionals, or someone who has practiced to perform them at a high level (not norcent...)), that is a demonstration of ultimate car control.

the car is rwd, the front and back was both sliding. Anyway I didn't do it on purpose and I don't do that anymore. I got yelled at and my parents said if I did it again they would not let me drive again on my permit and they would not let me get my license.

Nothing really "wrong" with waiting until you're 18 to get your license. I was 18 when I got mine, mostly because I worked during high school and had trouble getting the required 50+ hours of practice, plus my mom was super controlling and would never let me take the test. On my parallel park I was sticking out too far and I failed the uphill park (didn't turn the wheel the right direction) but the guy still passed me. Most of those testers are really rushed and have like 500 kids to give licenses to in a day so they're not going to split hairs over every move you make. Mine hardly said two words to me other than the test directions. Once I parked in the lot he signed off on the sheet and gave me my copy saying, "Okay, that's a pass." and hopped out. It was the most nerve wracking 15 minutes of my life, though. I was nervous as **** lol!

we dont have parallel park required to pass the driver's test, hooray!

XD I don't have to parallel park to pass here either. Not that parallel parking was overly hard. Unless i'm driving the ol mans F150. ick lol. parkign with that in general sucks an i've been driving for 7 years.

as for drifting, i only do it in the snow. keeps me from rolling and saves wear on the tires. heh. I love driving in the snow though. E-brake gets a lot of use. Keeps it from seizing up anyhow lol.

I've used hand over hand only a handful of times since the test. usually when its raining. just like to have a good grip on the wheel in bad conditions. unless of course its snow, then 1 hand on e-brake haha.

what is so wrong about being 18 to get ur license? I just turned 19 n i dont have my driver's license yet. Reason is because so many things happen each day that it is hard for me, especially now, to go practice driving again.

i, for one, would rather know how to drive n to be safe then not be nervous at driving, manage to get my license, n crash the very next day.

dont try and validate your reasons for not meeting up to mediocrity

joking :p

XD I don't have to parallel park to pass here either. Not that parallel parking was overly hard. Unless i'm driving the ol mans F150. ick lol. parkign with that in general sucks an i've been driving for 7 years.

as for drifting, i only do it in the snow. keeps me from rolling and saves wear on the tires. heh. I love driving in the snow though. E-brake gets a lot of use. Keeps it from seizing up anyhow lol.

I've used hand over hand only a handful of times since the test. usually when its raining. just like to have a good grip on the wheel in bad conditions. unless of course its snow, then 1 hand on e-brake haha.

be careful, u having higher chance of hydroplaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom