Drivers Training question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today I went to the DMV and got my permit (passed the permit test fisrt try, i think today was a complete success) so i get home and call my driving instructor. here are the steps by the book, how it should be done and is expected to be done.

Note: student is never sposed to be behind the wheel before liscencing.

1: drivers education
2: pass drivers education
3: enroll in drivers training
4: dmv : permit
5: first behind the wheel with instructor
6: start training with parents

but she is telling me to get some practice in before my appointment next month (which would be illegal because technically my permit is not valid unitl i get behind the wheel with her, so wtf?)

comments/tips/suggestions/etc...?

im confused. am I right, or is she right? completely and utterly lost.

ive already done these

1: drivers education
2: passed drivers education
3: signed up at driving school
4: went to dmv and got permit

havent done these:

behind the wheel with instructor

but nobody knows that i have driven before, pretty good btw. managed to drive around town for two hours without getting caught, then two weeks later, one hour in broad daylight right past a cop and still i sit here. lol (before i even started my quest for my license )

just worried because she was on speaker phone and my dad was right there and he wants me to drive around this weekend because he thinks im legal (lol i know most people would jump on this opportunity with their parents) but I dont want to jeopardize my license

You can drive with a parent or someone over 21 with your permit. The permit is valid when you get it. How would she validate it? That's how it is by me anyway. Perhaps it is different in California. They have stricter driving laws.

As far as I know it's cool as long as you've got some one 21 yrs or older with you. Maybe it's different in your state but I never had to start driving with my instructor first. You only get like 8-10 hrs of behind the wheel instruction anyways.

Well you could just as easily skirt the rule and have a parent drive in a parking lot with you or something. Just to get some basics down before your instructor's hour so you can hit the ground running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom