Downloading BitTorrent files

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowBitTorrent

Solid State Member
I'm on a cable connection. From normal sites I could download files at maybe 40kb/s very fast. But on this damn BitTorrent it's about 5-10kb/s. Partly due to the actual download but still stupid.

I want to give back I'm not a leech. But it was a 40mb file and about 55mb was uploaded. It took so long. It's easy for fast ADSL users to say don't be a leeching bastard or whatever they say but it's unfortunate I have to wait so long for a file. Wouldn't it be better if I downloaded the file and then uploaded? So I can watch the file when I want to instead of sharing with other users?

Is there ANY way to speed up the download?

this may or maynot help u - LINK

are u using the original client or one of the recommended ones in the above link? if not u should prolly switch. and if u dont know how BT works... u only get faster download depending on how fast u upload. example- it starts out slow like 5-10KB's but once u get a big enough chunck to share, my upload goes up to about 40-45 KB's, and the download ill jump shortly after that anywere from 50-200 KB/s. im on cable to and have had the exact specs i listed above.

I've never really found out why people think BT is so good. I for one always download stuff from the bots (and check to make sure those bots aren't hosted on my machines) I've also herd that BT's download speeds can be greatly improved when you open/forward a few more ports. I personally can't remember witch ones or why they work but tomorrow I'll surly look it up.

its not that BT is the best, its good, just like the bots... but BT is a lot simpler so its easyer for everyone to use... getting use to mircs command line interface, and finding out were your source is located in witch servers, is a little harder for noobs to get use to rather then just clicking ona BT file.

SlowBitTorrent said:
I'm on a cable connection. From normal sites I could download files at maybe 40kb/s very fast. But on this damn BitTorrent it's about 5-10kb/s. Partly due to the actual download but still stupid.

I want to give back I'm not a leech. But it was a 40mb file and about 55mb was uploaded. It took so long. It's easy for fast ADSL users to say don't be a leeching bastard or whatever they say but it's unfortunate I have to wait so long for a file. Wouldn't it be better if I downloaded the file and then uploaded? So I can watch the file when I want to instead of sharing with other users?

Is there ANY way to speed up the download?
Bittorrent is a trade off, when you are downloading a file other users are uploading off you at the same time. Bittorrent is a verified direct download. I have cable 3.0Mbps down, and i normally get 50kb/sec +
on any file i download, if it is going slow just leave the program on and it will speed up. Also what client are you using, i would suggest G3 Torrent, it has a good GUI.
http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net/
To share files on Bittorrent, leave the torrent loaded in the client after you are finished downloading, and you will seed to other users.
Also check out this website for torrents.
http://www.suprnova.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom