Doom Movie w/ The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
Not only will the Rock be starring in FarCry - But he will now be joining the cast of the movie, Doom.

Read more about it here.

I remember them talking about a DOOM III movie for years. Orginally they wanted Arnie, but this was going back quite a few years.

If they get THE ROCK in, it should be fun. I watch his films for the shits and giggle value.

OH MY GOD NO ASY IT'S NOT SO! Doom3 will need to be CG to achieve any kind of decency! They should get SquareEnix or Pixar to do it, not The Rock! Some things just won't translate well into an "acted" movie.

To me, it not just the actors, but also the directors. I think I see a movie more because some one is directing / producing it as appose to the actor. IMHO, it's the director that has as more power on whether or not a movie is going to be garbage. I can think of a lot of movies where it was really good actors, but a lousy director.
Examples :- Batman Forever, Batman Returns, Star Wars Episode I, Odd Number Star Trek Film.

Anyways, I was thinking this morning. If they DO ever get around to doing a DOOM movie (Like's this has been talked about for at least 10 years), then i hope that they get Paul W.S. Anderson to direct it (or at least some work on it.)

He does a pretty good job with some video game movies :-
* Resident Evil (my favorite)
* Resident Evil : Apocalypse (not out down here yet, but I can't wait)
* Mortal Kombat - Not the greatest. But it's not as bad as every one make it out to be. Beats that utter tripe called Street Fighter (with Van Damm)

And it's been announced that he is doing Driver (2006) .

As for other movies on why he would be good for Doom, he did direct Event Horizon (another favorite film) which was pretty same idea as DOOM III anyway. How ever, if he does direct it, I hope he does not water down the action and the gore like he had to do with AvP.
AvP could of been better if he did have to stick with a PG-13 rating. And DOOM would suck if they watered down the gore.

Great. I just did a quick look on IMDb, and it Andrzej Bartkowiak that is directing this movie. Paul Anderson would of been better for this.

Andrzej directed Cradle 2 The Grave, Exit Wounds and Romeo Must Die. I can not honestly say that I really liked these films.

Personally I think it would be really cool if they did a HALF LIFE movie. There is a lot more plot there than what is in DOOM III.

Man I am sick of seeing the Rock in all these movies. IMO, I think music singers, actors, and wrestlers should stick to what they do best. Beyounce (or however you spell it) should just stay a singer or at least a model. The Rock should just stick to being a wrestler. Thats just my opinion though. With that said I am still going to watch both Farcry and Doom3. I agree with the posters above that said there should be a HL movie and they should make a CG movie.

Don't forget that you also have Karl Urban in this movie too. He's been in some really good rolls as of late, and he has more tallent than the rock.

I does look like Urban is going to be playing the main good guy roll, but I think he is going to be over shadowed by The Rock.

How can Doom3: The Movie really be that good, though? Doom casts you as a single person fighting hordes of monsters without talking. As a computer game, it's great. But as a movie, I really don't think that having The Rock shoot at zombies and demons for 2 hours will make a good movie at all.

jorsoft03 said:
How can Doom3: The Movie really be that good, though? Doom casts you as a single person fighting hordes of monsters without talking. As a computer game, it's great. But as a movie, I really don't think that having The Rock shoot at zombies and demons for 2 hours will make a good movie at all.

[SIL'S SMART ASS MODE :ON] Simple, the same way that Doom had it's own comic book.
page00.jpg

Check out DOOM : The Comic Book some time [/SIL'S SMART ASS MODE:OFF]

Actaully, they did make around about 5 DOOM Novels where it was a group of marines, not just one. I had the mis-fortune of reading one once.
Basically, they are just going to exspand on the plot more. Forcus more on what broaght the people here and there backgrounds. Like they did with Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat.
Heck, the japanese seem to be doing heaps of animes baced on the 1-on-1 Fighting Games.

I am not expecting much. I am most liking going to be seeing this film for the shits and giggles value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom