Doom Movie Not To Suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
This is good news for DOOM fans.

From Ain't It Cool
Comic-Con: Quint's got good news for DOOM fans!!!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with the first report since the Con closed its doors today. Today I saw two panels, which I'll fill you in on before backtracking and hitting the stuff I missed last night. First up is DOOM.

I had written DOOM off after all the word starting coming out on how there was no Hell, no Mars and no creatures from the games. If they cut out Hell and Mars and creatures, then they were obviously going for a PG-13. I figured why the hell call it DOOM? I had really written it off as yet another shitty video game adaptation.
However, at the panel today they revealed some surprises... Id Software has been involved since the beginning, the producers, filmmakers and stars all wanted to make a movie that respected the source material and the studio was willing to put it out R-rated.
Confirmed in the movie: MARS! IMPS! HELLKNIGHT! THE BARON! PINKY DEMONS! GORE!
This made me smile. They premiered the trailer and then showed a clip that truly won me over... I'll get to those after the tidbits of info gleaned from the panel featuring producers John Wells, Lorenzo DiBoneventura, Todd Hollenshead (Id CEO), Karl Urban and The Rock

TIDBITS:
- Karl Urban is the main character, not The Rock, who plays Sarge. The Rock liked that character better.

-The Rock liked the character of Sarge better because he could explore his "darker side" and because his character "has a great twist at the end."

- Karl and The Rock both played the original DOOM as well as its sequels, especially DOOM 3.

-The Rock on the film: "It's unapologetic as hell, faithful and gory."

-The Demons and Monsters are based off of the creatures in DOOM 3.

-They recreated sets directly from the game, like corridors and labs and even made the computer screens in the movie have the same style as what's on the computer screens in the game.

-Why The Rock wanted to do the DOOM movie: "I realized I could shoot the BFG."

-All the Army guys are were trained by SAS honcho Tom McAdams.

-The BFG was huge, according to The Rock.

-Stan Winston created most of the monsters, with the creative team behind the movie deciding against overusing CG.

-The monsters are big, most between 6 and 9 feet tall (and these are practical effects).

-"The intensity of the game is in the movie," said The Rock. From minute 5 we're there. Non-stop train ride to Hell."

-The young screenwriter Dave Callaham is very protective of the game.

-Lorenzo on the plot: He wouldn't go into it much but he did say, "A team on Mars chasing real evil, bad things."

-When pressed about differences between the games and the movie, Lorenzo said that we'll see how the monsters came about (Maybe this means no hell? Not sure.) and the evil little buggers get a chance to **** up the Earth. Interesting...

This looks like it going to be good film considering that iD Software was involved with this movie from the very beginning. Unlike some other adaptions what have nothing or little to do with the game.

I really really really hope it turns out to be good. It deserves to be and hopefully id's involvement will make it so. My fingres are crossed

jorsoft03 said:
I really really really hope it turns out to be good. It deserves to be and hopefully id's involvement will make it so. My fingres are crossed
Well, Id software got as much riding on this as well.

Like I know Capcom did have some involvement with the resident evil flicks. However the I am still trying to wash away painful memories of the Street Fighter Movie with Van Damm.

And lets just not mension than one film director that shalt not be named as just about all the video games movies he made abaptions for just SUCKED!!!!!

I guarentee: before, after, or durring the movie they show a microsoft commercial

EDIT: still looking forward to it though...

i saw the trailer, im not feeling the whole 1st person camera shots in it..... Looks kinda ghey.... But I will hold back my thoughts on it until i see it.....

So those opinions were not "on the record" ^^

I'm definately looking forward to this movie. I hear many critics are saying it's gonna be corny because of the first person view. I just hope it doesn't turn out as bad as Resident Evil (which is retardedly corny, both part)

Big fan of capcom Resident Evil game, every series for the PS but the movie just sucks ass.

I really can't wait until this movie comes out. Looks like it'll be decent from what i've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom