Don't let your arm hang out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i don't think what you did was too bad..no one got hurt....

but the sad thing is..(like in the first situation)...if the guy was able to prove the only thing that led to him being caught was you going that fast, it would of been thrown out.

There was a case in the news around here a couple weeks ago that proves this example. A cop seen a man not give his signal light when he was turning off ( cop was like 4 blocks back and in the middle of the night) so the cop pulled him over. Seen that he was drunk, and arrested him. Well...he proved that since the signal wasn't effecting anyone that the cop had no real reason to pull him over. So he got off the hook...

yea i don't think what you did was too bad..no one got hurt....

but the sad thing is..(like in the first situation)...if the guy was able to prove the only thing that led to him being caught was you going that fast, it would of been thrown out.

There was a case in the news around here a couple weeks ago that proves this example. A cop seen a man not give his signal light when he was turning off ( cop was like 4 blocks back and in the middle of the night) so the cop pulled him over. Seen that he was drunk, and arrested him. Well...he proved that since the signal wasn't effecting anyone that the cop had no real reason to pull him over. So he got off the hook...

I don't understand how the guy in my situation would have ever gotten off the hook. There were several witnesses. One major injury. An obvious crash. Several 911 calls from several people including myself. Me going fast or not to catch up for him, that doesn't take him off of the hook for his actions.

Oh, did I mention a fire truck with several fire fighters also saw the crash? They were coming the opposite direction as I was on their way to a gas station to fuel up their truck. They were farther back in the distance, but they were just slowing to a stop as I flew by.

And the guy in your situation most definitely should have gotten a DUI. There's absolutely no excuse for drunk driving. Ever. If you do it, you're stupid.

Yeah what you did was definitely right and great on your part. Not a lot people give a crap those types of situations anymore...thumbs up.

Last time when this happened in the drunk driver incident from years ago, my friends gave me props for chasing the guy but I honestly was so mad it was unreal.

I was in the city, 2 lanes going 1 way, parallel parking on each side of the street. There were at least 6 cars that had a clear shot of what happened. I was a half mile from the edge of the city, where the road forks off to 3 different directions.

All of the cars kept going straight. I was the only car that turned right with the truck that caused the accident.

Really? At 1 am are you seriously late to go anywhere? Late for a meeting at work that you just CANNOT miss? Do you really need to go to wal mart to get a movie? Is there really something that important that you can't just follow somebody for a minute, tops, to at least get the license plate? You don't have to be a hero. Just a little something is more than enough. So while people were telling me that it was a good thing I followed him, I was wishing I could have had the opportunity to confront the other drivers who witnessed it and slap each one of them.

If anybody hit my parked car, I would be so thankful if somebody had taken just a minute out of their day to at least get a lead on who did it, versus just ignoring it happened and driving away to catch their late night TV show.

Somebody hit my dads truck about 2 years ago and kept driving. They never found out who it was. I know what a headache it was for him to get insurance papers filed and all of that horse ****. That enough alone was a headache, but taking into account that the driver was completely drunk, a lot more damage could have been done as opposed to a few bent pieces of metal on a vehicle. That's for **** sure, and I'm glad it didn't happen in that particular instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom