Dont go to ******** Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac_mogul said:
Before I joined up on TF, I was on another tech based forum, mainly for console gaming, but they had a tech section. Anyway, my first hour there, I made a "hi i'm new post" and then I was instantly shot down by every member there because my screen name said "mac_mogul" and my avatar and sig had the Apple in them... Evidently, they didn't take kindly to Mac users. I tried very carefully to defend myself without stepping on anyone's feet, but to no avail. The admin who happened to be there at that time, changed my screen name to PC_mogul (and since I was a new member, I could not change it back) And I was then quickly banned. I checked back the next day just to read the forums(because they were actually very informative) and they, the admins/mods, had made a huge joke about the thread where the poor mac kid got bashed and banned... It went on for about 18 pages of members bashing me, even though I had already been banned (within 45 minutes of registering)

So i believe that in 'lesser' forums, mods and admin CAN go on power trips. But why the hell do you think I chose TF as my home? :D It wasn't for the food, I can tell ya that!

I feel so sorry for you.

"Truuf..."

You see, This is exactly the sh!t i'm talking about. Like i said erlier, a similar thing happened to me when i made a Mac version of a SNES Emulator.

www.zsnes.com

I submitted the complete source code (which took me five weeks to complete G*d dammit!! :mad: ) And just because i submitted it, they banned me. :rolleyes:

I understand there are some people who just don't like Macs. And if they don't, that's their own business. But when people have to be that Damn jealouse of Apple Computer, that gives them no right to take it out on anyone else! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

One of the things I hate on some of the bigger forums is the good old Spelling and Grammer Police ; "To Serve And To Correct". And these people are normally not Mods.

I remember posting one of the australian tech sites about a computer problem. And the one of the first replies I get is "You spelt (Word) wrong."
And that is about the only thing that was in the post.
It's like "Thank you. But that is not address the issue that I was orginally talking about"

Harper said:
One of the things I hate on some of the bigger forums is the good old Spelling and Grammer Police ; "To Serve And To Correct". And these people are normally not Mods.

I remember posting one of the australian tech sites about a computer problem. And the one of the first replies I get is "You spelt (Word) wrong."
And that is about the only thing that was in the post.
It's like "Thank you. But that is not address the issue that I was orginally talking about"

Hate it? You must, I can find seven spelling/grammar mistakes in that post. ;)

(for humour's sake only, I really don't care :p)

i dont like to flame, but sometimes its impossible to get away from.
No, that is not a true statement. It may be impossible if you can not control yourself. Flaming will sooner or later get you banned.

I admit that there are forums that I don't go to because of the way they are managed. There may be some really bad things done there. I did join a forum that had a huge paragraph in its registration that if you messed up (asked question in the wrong forum) that they would take great pleasure in embarrassing and flaming you. I don't agree with that, but it was their rules. I didn't go back. And not going back is better than going, getting in some p******** contest, and getting banned.

I guess Mods and Admins are people, too. It is a shame when one of them gets offended/mad and takes it out on all the innocent members.

And just a point for considering. When you say that you want to go to another forum and start arguments or flames because they deserve it, or you want to go back and hack them for their "badness", it makes me wonder what you will want to do if you break the rules here.

So, I agree that there may be "lesser" forums and a lot of people may not like their rules or ways of doing things. But, it is "their" forum and they are allowed to do what they want. I suggest you get out and stay out. Forget them and go on!

And like the ol' adage:

Two wrongs don't make a right.
But two Wrights made an airplane.
And three rights make a left.

Okay, a little humor.

Dave :D

I got banned from the wizkids forum, but only because I purposefully put up a post talking about 'biting shop owner's nipples.' Did it to see how long it took for me to get banned.

It took 2 weeks.

That forum was so slow.... and sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom