Dont go to ******** Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The other side of the coin....

DMo224 said:
Threads like this are very challenging. The reason: many of the people that get banned here will go elsewhere and say the same thing, except about this forum.

In most cases, getting banned anywhere is a poor reflection on the person that got banned. It simply means that they couldn't abide by that forums rules. To make it simplier, read the rules and if you don't like them, don't go back. Why go to the trouble to bother the established members and the mods/admins?

"Banned" is not a respectful title!

Dave :D

BTW, I editted out the name of the forum. We are not here to bash other forums.

I wasnt BANNED I was suspended.

Besides the do it for the STUPIDEST reasons on earth, just wanted everyone to know that ******** :p forums are really harsh when it comes to the rules...wich are harsh in the first place.

silence782 said:
Not to mention, an admin can go on a power trip sometimes too.
But this is not the case all the time.

I moderate the AFC Forums and dispite what people might think, Banning people is some thing that mods really don't like doing.

Keeping eyes on flame wars (or subjects that could turn into a flame war) is another thing I really don't like doing. However provided that points are justified and people don't start getting personal or racist, then I just sit back and cross fingures.

Mind you, as soon as people cross that line, threads get locked and warning get issued.

P.P. Mguire said:
i dont like to flame, but sometimes its impossible to get away from.
Some times some people just needed to have some thing told to them.

Before I joined up on TF, I was on another tech based forum, mainly for console gaming, but they had a tech section. Anyway, my first hour there, I made a "hi i'm new post" and then I was instantly shot down by every member there because my screen name said "mac_mogul" and my avatar and sig had the Apple in them... Evidently, they didn't take kindly to Mac users. I tried very carefully to defend myself without stepping on anyone's feet, but to no avail. The admin who happened to be there at that time, changed my screen name to PC_mogul (and since I was a new member, I could not change it back) And I was then quickly banned. I checked back the next day just to read the forums(because they were actually very informative) and they, the admins/mods, had made a huge joke about the thread where the poor mac kid got bashed and banned... It went on for about 18 pages of members bashing me, even though I had already been banned (within 45 minutes of registering)

So i believe that in 'lesser' forums, mods and admin CAN go on power trips. But why the hell do you think I chose TF as my home? :D It wasn't for the food, I can tell ya that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom