Doesnt take much........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Which they aren't, and never will be :D Yes I'm a prophet and the stars have told me this.

So that's where all the beautiful white light comes from when you enter a thread! :D

the very definition of what's acceptable to post in the Off-Topic forums is completely subjective anyways.

I mean come on... "thoughtful or beneficial to the majority of TF members"...????

how are you going to define thoughtful and beneficial solidily enough that it can be used is a reason for locking a thread or not. you can't. what's beneficial to some isn't to others. same goes with the term "thoughtful".....:rolleyes:

and are you going to poll every member to determine if the majority of the members find a thread beneficial or thoughtful.

i didn't think so. so before mods start deciding threads should be closed, maybe we need a more solid definition of what's acceptable and what's not.

this is just my opinion, which the rules say are welcome.

Whats the point of an off topic discussion if we have to talk about technology. Something involving technology would fall into the other 500 categories on these forums.

exactly. the other problem is after all these restrictions that are listed, it says "opinions are welcome." that's where the arguments and flaming come from. people waltz into threads on serious topics and post their opinion based on no facts or evidence whatsoever and then the threads get out of control.

ya i think they should make a subsection in off topic for ppl who don't mind nastiness. make it like a disclaimer. NASTINESS AHEAD, PROCEED WITH CAUTION. because i don't mind seeing ppl getting into fights... makes it more interesting.. ppl will still try to remain civil, but if it does turn to crap, just leave it.. and leave all the 'civil' talk in the regular off topic.

*raises his right eye brow in a very curious manner*

Or not.... As staff has said many times now, take it to the PM system.

Law said:
Why is Emily closing these threads for.
it's not the topics themselves that are the problem. the fact is that 99% of threads that people have conflicting interests about, turn into flame wars.

yes, some of the topics are very interesting. but as said, the way in which some members conduct themselves while discussing those topics is the reason they are closed.

ya i think they should make a subsection in off topic for ppl who don't mind nastiness. make it like a disclaimer. NASTINESS AHEAD, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

There are already plenty of other boards on the interbet like this. We (the moderating team) don't want TF to look like or sound like those. As Emily stated, which is an echo of the policy given by DMo224, this is a tech forum, and it will remain a tech forum.

If anyone wants to be able to flame and insult and curse up a blue streak, I heartily recommend that they seek out one of these other message boards and remain there. TF is not the place for it, and the future of TF doesn't not allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom