Does this Remind you of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
an Xbox 360.. I Just Came Across it and thought It Looks Similar :)

a93437_dell-gx280.jpg

Heh talk about coincidence, those are the old PC's used at my college. Trust me, they may look like a 360, but the run like a sega :(

I'm working on one of those right now. And, yes, we use that style at work. ::shudder::

I had one like that for about the first 3 years I worked here.....

the hampsters inside got tired VERY easily....

I hadn't thought about it before but yeah they do look eerily similar. A lot of companies use the Optiplexes and from what I've heard it's been all negative reviews all around. Run like crap and break all the time.

it opens up like a cars' hood
Yeah. Crappy design, even if it is compact.

The one I am working on is a Dimension 4300S, uses that type of case. I'm about to go ape on this thing... every time I try to run a spyware scan is restarts. It has a reset partition, but it won't use it. I tried to do a repair with an XP disk I have and it won't take it. I finally threw Spybot on it and, thus far, it has made it into the scanning. It just got started and it is finding loads of stuff.

Oh, it is a 1.4 P4 with 245 MB of RAM. :D

Thats not the compact design. Thats the fullsized desktop case. I worked on those hunks of **** for over 3 years. The one thing i will say for them, they can take a fall. We were moving a lab and about 15 of them slid off the cart dropping a good 3-4 feet and every single one of em booted up after we put em back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom