Does BET Offend you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not offended at all, I just dont see the point of that channel though (not trying to sound offensive in any way, I just dont see the point).

Not at all. If they want their own show then great. We have a ton of christian only channels, kids channels, mens channels, etc. A black channel is fine.

Why is there not a WET? Well, I guess nobody has found the need to make one.

Yeah, we have to damn many white programs... lol. One black show shouldn't hurt, and if it does than that's sad. How do you think black people feel when they see 98% of tv have white programs on it. It makes them feel overpowered. If one black tv show offends you then you are being ingnorant.

mousepad said:
Yeah, we have to damn many white programs... lol. One black show shouldn't hurt, and if it does than that's sad. How do you think black people feel when they see 98% of tv have white programs on it. It makes them feel overpowered. If one black tv show offends you then you are being ingnorant.

I agree with that.

I am not offended by BET. I think that there are plenty of white-favoring channels out there. However I think that there are other matters where racial inequality is a problem.

Affirmative Action offends me, greatly.

Okay... this is my FIRST post in the "OFF-TOPIC" forum :)

I think any show, event, 'thing' what ever it may be that is focused on only one culture is probably promoting racism or segregation.

Let me clearify that statement.

the word "focused" meaning to promote, stand out, make known, etc.

I don't think BET is doing that... its just a show.
But 'black history month' --- I don't get it.
To me, they are promoting segregation.

Why not call it "VIP in History" and have it go on all year.

I tend to think (ALTHOUGH I know there are flaws in this thinking) - that if you talk about NOT being racist, your probably promoting it.

Just call people - people. Why do you give them a "name" or descriptive title? Just call him/her a person. He is not a black man, white man, "____" man... he is just a "man".

ANYWAY -- my main purpose of posting here was to say thanks.
It looked like the Off-Topic forum was getting out of hand --- hopefully its becoming more civil.

This topic, even though it can get "heated" --- looks to be just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom