Does anyone have this MP3 player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after reading the replies to this thread and a lot of reviews from various websites, i think i am going to return the Sandisk. It seems that the Creative labs Zen V reliable, so that may be my choice.

I own a Creative Zen V 4gb. It is amazing. I have had it for probably 2 months now and it has never froze yet. It is about half the size of a nano and twice as thick. It is well made and extremely scratch resistant. It has a oled display that does not use a backlight and is supposed to be pretty efficient. They are not good in bright sunlight because the screen is not that bright. The colors are pretty decent on it as well. The joystick control is easy to use for me, but if you have fat thumbs then it might be harder. The only part I don't like about it is that it cannot be mounted as just a MSC device (like a pen drive). You must use Microsoft's propriety **** proctal MTP. It was a deal (imo) at $150.

Sorry for the condensed paragraph with rambling, but I am in a rush and wanted to do a quick review on the player.

Well I am on linux so I use Gnomad. You could use WMP to do it but I am sure there are other ways as well. Actually, I believe they package software that makes it like another drive in explorer.

Sorry, this page is kind of old now, but I just got my creative zen v plus yesterday. I gotta say I'm liking it quite a bit thus far. 1gb does go by quicker than I expected, but that's because thus far most of the songs I put on have been 320kbps mp3's and there are some large albums as well.

Still though, I'm pretty set as far as having enough music on here. The earbuds sound like crap, but I am comparing them to my AKG studio headphones, so that may be a little unfair. The thing sounds great through my studio headphones though. The EQ isn't bad, it's a 5 band graphic EQ. I can't compare it to any other mp3 player EQs so I can't say much.

Overall though, I can't stop playing with the **** thing even though I'm sitting at the computer and dont need it to listen to music with :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom