Does anyone else find it embarressing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Here i am, a mere 2inch's of snow and the entire UK totally comes to a standstill, no buses, no trains, no flights, slushy wet icey roads and noone can drive, 1000's of schools closed. Yet you lot over in america still seem to be fine even after half a foot of snow and more ?

Sometimes i think we're a dramatic nation and need to get a serious grip..I go skiing and i see bus's and trains operating with no special modifications fine, the same with the rest of the world. I mean really, why can a train not run in snow o_O ? just break a bit earlier..

Pff, it makes me embarresed :eek:

There's allways a advantage to this though, NO SCHOOL :D (And a good chance to get some snaps of the snow)

lol i hear ya...here in texas if it ices over people freak out and start driving off of bridges and ****. when it snows (rarely where i live...maybe once in the last 5 years) God help us all.

It can snow like a bugger here and be about -20*c and every thing still stays open

smiley190.gif

Yay for the great white north :(

I wish it would snow.. ever since I moved to the south (TN) It just doenst snow..
but, I know what you guys mean a couple of weeks ago there was a chance of ice and they closed schools early and cancelled everything. it didn't even ice or snow.

Trains stop because of tolerances on the rails they are not designed for such conditions as result they contract slightly resulting in a gaps which can become dangerous. It is the same in the summer when it hits 30C the tracks expand resulting in delays becaus of an inherent danger. This is why power lines sometimes break they don't give them enough slack so in extreme cold they contract and can snap if they give them too much then they can expand and be dangerous for lorries and other tall vehicles. Its about 6" where I am so of the deepest snow I have seen in about 5 years. Coldest temperature recorded as of the latter half of the 20th century was -27C in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom