Document question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
I did some searching on here and couldn't find this answer, so i thought i'd post this question. I currently have office 97 on my home computer..i know it's outdated, but thats what i have. I do not have the money to throw down for a newer version of office. Is there a program out there thats free or cheaper than Office? I have read a few things on Openoffice but I didnt' see too many positive reviews. Plus if i'm correct in my reading, OpenOfiice is just basically Word and Excel, is that right? But, with OpenOffice, I can open Word documents as well as works, right? See at my work some people use Word and some people use Works, and sometimes i need to work on IEPs and contacts but some idiot using their own computer did the file using works and I canot open it up here at the house.

Openoffice is very good. It should open the works file. Inaddition, you should be able to d/l a converter from MS to have your word 97 open the works file. I switched to openoffice a while back and have been very pleased. There are somethings that I had to get used to, but in the end I am satisfied.

Openoffice is basically a MS Office clone. In my opinion, it is better than MS office, especially because the price (free :D). It has all the same features (basically) as MS office and I've never had any problems using it. It opens office documents, like word docs, powerpoints, spreadsheets, etc. You can also save documents as MS office compatable documents, so you have no problem with other people being able to read yours.

OpenOffice is very similar to Microsoft Office. I'd suggest it if you need something for free. Also, you might still be able to get MS Office 2007 Beta for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom