do you think this would really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the looks of it, it is el cheapo cold air intake and a knock off of a fuel filter. The intake will help gas mileage by a TINY bit and give you 7-10 horsepower depending on your car.

As for that fuel line ionizer thing... i have never heard of such a thing... i wouldn't go for it. If you are lookin for better gas mileage, get a cold air intake... at the same time you'll get an increase in horsepower (which is always good hehe).

that wont improve your gas mileage. all it will do is restrict airflow and if anything, cause you to lose power. i've been working with engines for several years now and i've seen people using similar products over and over. it does nothing.

a LESS restrictive intake could yield maybe 5hp or up to 10hp if your stock intake is very restrictive.

i don't see how magnets could improve your gas mileage. if it was that easy, manufacturers would already include this.

overall, don't waste your money on this. if you want to save gas, drive more conservatively and don't go 80 on the highway.

If you desperately need to increase your car's efficiency, buy a K&N Air Filter and switch to synthetic motor oil. This increases your engine's efficiency and performance.
Or if you REALLY wanna save gas, get a flash tuner and program your car for an 87 octane tune. (those are like $400 bucks though)

Them magnets supposedly force the particles of the gas to all get in alignment and it burns better or something, thats what they say but i don't think it's true, even though my car has one coming out of the tank, and another one right before the lines get to the fuel injectors....

Popular Mechanics had a article on fuel saving devices 6 months ago.....all of these "gadgets" dont work and some are a fire hazzard.

i was watching the Yankee's news (Seattle), and some lady was selling vitamins to put into your gas tank, which gives better mileage, boots MPG 5-10...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom