Do you really hate Microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakie

Fully Optimized
I have been to several threads|forums and there is always a handful of people that "claim" to hate Microsoft. I am just curious as to why this is.

I personally think that Microsoft is a good company and they make quality products. And for those of you that say they stole the idea of Windows, etc etc, well that may be, but it wasn't patented. And you can also say that General Motors and Chrysler stole their ideas from Ford right? I mean, Henry Ford made the first car back in 1901 or something, but it wasn't patented so it was fair game right? That doesn't mean that Chevrolet makes any less decent a car.

And if Microsoft hadn't stole the idea, would you Microsoft haters be saying the same thing about Apple? No? Why not?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**DISCLAIMER**
This is intended to be a decent, thought provoking thread intended for friendly conversation. Let's keep it that way. I know opinions and idea's can be heated when trying to get your point across, but lets be reasonable and have fun with this. If you answer anyone of these questions, please give reasons why or why not. Thanks! Let the games begin...
**DISCLAIMER**

I think microsoft is king, what more could I want out of an OS than XP Pro provides, and i dont mind feeding a huge corporation, because everyone does. you buy a pair of shoes...their Nike...you go to McDicks...yur doing it again...you cannot escape feeding a corporate giant.

You can see the improvement of windows from DOS to 3.1 all the way to 2K3...I cannot wait to see what they have in store for the future!

Ok, i may or may have not said that i hate m$. Ok i'll explain my dislikes of m$. PS I've had a couple (ehhehe) drinks at the bar tonight.

I respect M$ as a company becuase they have grown themselves as a company. IE from a garage to a multi office wide scale orginazation.

I do though, hate M$ products becuase they cost too much and are very veuneralble to attacks. hacks, worms etc.....

2. they're products cost too much for what you get. They crash to often and there support is little if non-existint. IE If msn messenger screws up and i can't send a message that goes through, i could call them (long distance) and wait an hour to figure out that my warranty is up, and get no answer. Or i could go to http://gaim.sf.net and get a developer's email address and send an email and have an answer in a couple hours :)

I guess i just like open source (open source open minds) I'd rather have a million people, from all different backgrounds, rather that 15 people chosen by someones "qualifacations" to work on my software. :)

I don't mind microsoft but they could make higher quality products. I can get microsoft products free from my work so price really isn't an issue.

I hate M$. I hate that M$ has made millions at the expence of the consumer. I know what your saying, "well duh!" but they corner the market on everything they get into. They drive good products out and replace them with a half assed product. Netscape was a good product. But now they can't affoard to pay attention.

Riddle me this, Tell me what the difference is between Win 98, 98se and WinMe? Should have just been an upgrade. But no, they found an oppertunity to re-charge the masses for a crap product. Same with Win2k and WinXP. The differences are not many. They fix a product that should not have been broken to begin with and pass it off as a new OS. "this one is more secure, get it NOW" but it should have been secure and stable to begin with. Not to mention the way they cram they're smaller progs down your throat. Why is it no matter how many times I take out MSN Messinger, it always seems to come back? Or whenever I make Opera my default browser, IE always seems to come up in a pop up window?

I guess I get pissed because I know they can give 2 sh*ts about the consumer. But anybody that wants to play games or do any major multimedia are stuck with Windows. Not because it's the better product, but because MS has pushed it's way into your homes. Look at the Xbox update. People used to be able to run Linux on they're Xbox. And why not, they paid for it. Let them do what they want. But if you have Xbox Live your system was updated without your permission to fix the bug that let you install Linux. And why is there always a bug? If I had that much money, if I made 60 cents per UDS pure profit for every piece of software that I sold, I would be damn sure that I released a product that didn't need a patch 2 days later. Why are there little to no virus' for Linux but a crapload for Windows?

I guess that's why I'm so into Linux. I'm getting older. I realize that Linux was built by thousands of people looking for something better. Windows was built by a few people that wanted nothing but cash in they're pocket.

And I hear all these pro M$ people say how much they have done for the computer community. Imagine what could have been done if M$ didn't needlessly sqaush they're competition. I know, it's business. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I also don't like M$ dicating what the moral standards will be for computing. That's like the devil telling me to go to church. And all of you WinFans that like to d/l warez or P2P files won't like Palliadum (sp?). M$, along with the companies they bullied into playing ball, will dictate what can and can not be run on your computer through hardware control. I don't know about you, but I'm an adult. I don't need anybody telling me what I can open on my computer.

I predict that MS will loose they're majority share in the OS world in less then 8 years. With China working on Red Flag Linux and most countries in Europe making the switch to Linux, they're day will come.

I don't hate or love MS. I like their products, but I do think they are a bit vunerable/pricey. Really, the only beef I have with MS is making their products only (or mainly) work on Windows. I'm speaking of the coding languages mainly...but you ge the idea. Personally, I think people are just jealous :p If you were Bill Gates, I'm sure you'd have no problem with the way you do business. There is things they could improve, but overall I'm ok with their products.
Just my $0.02

The Truth, the WHOLE truth, and nuthin but

Need I say more?

Attachments

• 11-144-026-16.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 75
While funny, I find it a bit hypicritical (sp?) to have a Mac user say "open your wallet" considering the only way to run a Mac OS is by paying our your ass for a Mac. And considering OSX is built off a Unix kernal, it makes it worse.

I don't hate Micro$oft, I just hate their prices. No offense, but I don't think I'll spend hundreds of dollars for their software. I'd rather use something that's free or lower in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom