do you hate microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the xbox 360 but mostly microsoft in general for its business practices and constant buying out of all companies ie. capcom

wow this thread got far but you didn't answer my 1 ?

I was wondering if I get linux ubunto will i be able to play CS:S and other games? Is there a gaming linux if ubunto won't do that?

Speaking of trademarks, I believe Cadbury has trademarked the colour purple!
yeah they have. i posted that a while back when i noticed the trademark on my Boost bar.

cadburywtfph3.jpg

i don't know if i'd go so far as to say i hate microsoft but i certainly have a profound dislike for them. i just can't stand the fact that they fool so many people with their marketing. i'm not saying windows is a terrible operating system, i'm saying that in my humble opinion it's not the best and it certainly isn't the only operating system (which microsoft would like people to believe).

I dont hate them...as i use windows XP every day. I also dont hate Bill Gates as a person because of all his accomplishments. Maybe people should read a biography on the man before they say he is just trying to rip us off. Because of him, alot of great advancements in technology has been made.
But, i do dislike microsoft for all the stupid things they do, and i dont think i need to elaborate on that.

Because of him, alot of great advancements in technology has been made.

I forgot to mention this. hmammen is absolutely correct. Mr. Gates has done quite a lot for the personal computing/business world. Without him, the world wouldn't have excelled at the rate it did, in terms of computers/technology development.

I can partially understand their software being buggy, or perhaps even their operating system... and that might cause you grief (as it should --- But before you sit there behind you screen flaming Microsoft for their poor products, imagine how hard it is to program major applications/software for other people. It's not as easy, NO PROGRAM/SOFTWARE WILL EVER BE BUG FREE. NOTHING. Perhaps a "Hello World!" program, but definitely not Microsoft Word. OS X has so many bugs, as well. I still cringe when I hit/stumble upon one.

As far as their ("poor") business practices, sure -- it may not be the best way to run a company. But, when has a fortuen 500 company ever been so clean of these practices? Again, it's easy to sit behind your computer and say "Wow! Microsoft sucks, their business practices are terrible." Ok, sure -- you are entitled to your opinion, but have you ever ran a 80 million man company? Nah, I don't think so. It's not as easy, there's bound to be some foulplay somewhere. I'm almost positive many of the white collar crimes committed in the US go without notice. Microsoft just happens to be in the spotlight. Sure, they might have some poor PR team, but in actuality -- many other companies have bad business practices. That's reality.

MS has tried to make there OS idiot proof and has done a good job at it but there are still many problems to fix.

I don't agree with closed source but I can understand why MS keep there code under lock and key - they think it is the only way they are going to make money and that is what a buisnss has todo in the end to survive.

Linux is a great platform but still needs work to take it to the user friendly ness level that the Microsoft OS's have (I am a newb at Linux).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom