Do they think im stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
Shoobie please dont express your Linux opinions that way, it really doesnt work well.

Seems I recall shoobie getting mad when people discussed other things in his topic about "hacking". Not much of a difference here...

I'm sure glad I found a nice computer shop here. They have really treated me pretty well. There was a time when I went in to buy some parts, I had $210 in my pocket and it rang up to be $250, which was a killer deal in the first place, and when I told them I needed to go ahead and downgrade one of my parts, they said "No problem, we'll cover the difference". They got my business for life! :)

Alex4R said:
Not much of a difference here...
Read my above statement, then you should understand that there's a reason why I'm slightly "heated" THIS time.

Alex4R said:
I'm sure glad I found a nice computer shop here. They have really treated me pretty well. There was a time when I went in to buy some parts, I had $210 in my pocket and it rang up to be $250, which was a killer deal in the first place, and when I told them I needed to go ahead and downgrade one of my parts, they said "No problem, we'll cover the difference". They got my business for life! :)
I've never had a merchant do that, but that's probably because most of them are so slimey I try to avoid them as much as possible. I have gotten some nice deals by repeatedly inquiring about stuff, though.

Expos really don't appeal to me. They're usually just a collection of crap and outdated hardware, combined with second-hand CRT monitors and untrustworthy RAM peddlers. That, combined with the fact that most expos charge an outrageous entry fee which usually ends up being wasted, it's not worth it.

Then there's the mom-n-pop shops. Don't get me started. Blackmarket chop-shops with a semi-legit store front, where some idiot smoking over yer PC sells you components that were chopped and left laying around on a filthy table. Then they install illegal software and let you loose, so you can come blitz the TF about how you can't reinstall Windows and yer hardware don't work.

Then there's the WorstBuy (bestbuy), CompUSA, CircuitCity troglodites. I was once in a CC and they had a sign up next to their drive shelves that read "Upgrade your drivers today!"

ShoobieRat said:

Then there's the mom-n-pop shops. Don't get me started. Blackmarket chop-shops with a semi-legit store front, where some idiot smoking over yer PC sells you components that were chopped and left laying around on a filthy table. Then they install illegal software and let you loose, so you can come blitz the TF about how you can't reinstall Windows and yer hardware don't work.

Yeah. Not all shops are like that. I run a "mom n pop" type business here. 100% legit. You want the software? Go buy it, we can install it. Or we can order it for you. Don't be stereotyping all shops based on your opinion. You are not always right.

And FYI, our shop is an extremely clean, non smoking environment. All my employees have valid certs, and take all the safeguards when dealing with customer's pc's. Without them, we have no job. So therefore, we do not rip them off nor treat them in an unprofessional manner.

horndude said:
linux is very intolerant of bad ram, windows isnt, but windows crashes with the smallest little power glitch, linux doesnt, just one of those weird issues

Shoobie, the biggest windows flaming happening here is the little power glitch.

sunsider said:
Yeah. Not all shops are like that. I run a "mom n pop" type business here. 100% legit. You want the software? Go buy it, we can install it. Or we can order it for you. Don't be stereotyping all shops based on your opinion. You are not always right.

And FYI, our shop is an extremely clean, non smoking environment. All my employees have valid certs, and take all the safeguards when dealing with customer's pc's. Without them, we have no job. So therefore, we do not rip them off nor treat them in an unprofessional manner.
Yer more of a statistical annomoly, bud. I've never been in a hole-in-the-wall comp shop yet that's been clean, certified and legit, and I've been all over this nation.

Oh well. Kudos to you for it.

ive visited 2 local computer shops and not happy with either of them. The only good one i really like is based in sydney that you buy over the internet.

frys electronics here knows me and my dad so they dont cheat us anymore though. Ive come to liking them now cause they always save somethign for us to buy when we have money lol.

ShoobieRat said:

Not really sure how Linsux compensates for people buying lame hardware and PSU's...I wouldn't know, I've never put cheap hardware near my box and I use a proper SP&B.

Not what im talking about, if the power blinks just a little like during a thunderstorm windows will typically crash and reboot while linux wont, dont know why, just the way it is, OTOH windows will usually run with RAM that linux might not tolerate, just the nature of the OS's.

Not a slander at either OS, get your panties out of a bunch and quit acting like a little kid.

frys electronics here knows me and my dad so they dont cheat us anymore though. Ive come to liking them now cause they always save somethign for us to buy when we have money lol

Nowerdays you need to know the manager to get vtreated correctly:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom