DO something, or this will be YOU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YourPrinter said:
.... right................................... too bad thats impossible.
actually it's not impossible!

how many of you took action?

OK so it is the ACLU... and they may be a bit eccentric and over the top... however, the aren't all bad, and never completely wrong! they only exagerate the truth not flat out lie about an entire possision. you think it's impossible... you got another thing commin`

if you think it's so impossible... how much of an American's life is centered around thier Social Security #? or Driver's licence... you have to have a state ID to get beer tobacco or go to a bar, you have to have a SS# to get a job, a bank account, hell even my local grocery store wanted my SS# to give me one of those friggen discount cards you scan every time you buy there...

if it keeps the points based on what you buy, combined with your credit card transactions all glued together by your SS# uhhh duh what's on that clip is already being done, it's just yet to be put together from one centralized location...

still think i'm a bit off my rocker today research your very own IP address

all the information is there... pull it together and what have you got - the end of privacy...

now you think it's unlawful?
reread the Patriot Act or did you know that it was passed in two parts? the second one was passed under the radar some time after the first. or i can just sum it up for you, walk down the street in a manner deamed other than "American" (and there is no defenition of what American is) then you disapear oh and they can tap your phones read your email and whatever they want... if you're unamerican or know someone who is

that said, no the world is not coming to an end and i'm not off my rocker.... i don't believe we're all tatooed from birth and Big brother isn't watching from the lamp posts... all i'm saying is...

it's possible, very possible

edit ** and no, i'm not a supporter of the ACLU, most of the time

Roshi229 said:
actually it's not impossible!

how many of you took action?

OK so it is the ACLU... and they may be a bit eccentric and over the top... however, the aren't all bad, and never completely wrong! they only exagerate the truth not flat out lie about an entire possision. you think it's impossible... you got another thing commin`

if you think it's so impossible... how much of an American's life is centered around thier Social Security #? or Driver's licence... you have to have a state ID to get beer tobacco or go to a bar, you have to have a SS# to get a job, a bank account, hell even my local grocery store wanted my SS# to give me one of those friggen discount cards you scan every time you buy there...

if it keeps the points based on what you buy, combined with your credit card transactions all glued together by your SS# uhhh duh what's on that clip is already being done, it's just yet to be put together from one centralized location...

still think i'm a bit off my rocker today research your very own IP address

all the information is there... pull it together and what have you got - the end of privacy...

now you think it's unlawful?
reread the Patriot Act or did you know that it was passed in two parts? the second one was passed under the radar some time after the first. or i can just sum it up for you, walk down the street in a manner deamed other than "American" (and there is no defenition of what American is) then you disapear oh and they can tap your phones read your email and whatever they want... if you're unamerican or know someone who is

that said, no the world is not coming to an end and i'm not off my rocker.... i don't believe we're all tatooed from birth and Big brother isn't watching from the lamp posts... all i'm saying is...

it's possible, very possible

edit ** and no, i'm not a supporter of the ACLU, most of the time

wouldnt it qualify as invasion of PRIVACY?

YourPrinter said:
wouldnt it qualify as invasion of PRIVACY?

that's the whole point!!!
you may consider it an invasion, but some polititions in Washington would have you believe that it's "for the greater good"
how much of your freedom are you willing to give up in the name of anti-terrorism? that's the question...
with every bill they pass these days it seems like it's just nibbling away at out privacy and our freedom.
you may think they can't do it when in fact (if you read the Patriot act) the Federal Gov't can tap your phone, read your email, and even come in and search your house (without serving a warrent) in the name of anti-terrorism. all they need to do this, is make you a terrorist suspect or link you to someone who is a suspect or link you to someone who knows someone who is a suspect for terrorist thoughts. ie. something as simple as ordering a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook (last i checked that was your right, if 18 or older).

ahh listen to me ramble again... guess i've been staring at the monitor for too long today, and my eyes are bloodshot.
anywho... read up on it a bit... they are laws that govern every US citizen and everyone within it's borders, (and some who aren't)

by the way, was several months back... a guy here in Charlotte was arrested for taking pictures of buildings!!
then b/c he was actually as it turns out taking pictures of "specific bank buildings" such as the bank of america building downtown, one of our tallest.
just b/c of him, a few more people were arrested or detained... one for taking pictures of the statues downtown and some other stupid ones... guess what. the first guy was of a race other than white... was not a US citizen... and was taken in and charged with some new anti-terrorist law...
so now it's illegal to take pictures of the tallest building downtown, esp. if you're not from around here and it may be the biggest man made object you've ever seen in your life!!

ahh... i said i was going, and now i am...
give it some thought, and develope your own opinion! not mine... you don't want my opinions... i can't even remember them.

later.

"for the greater good"
ok, whatever.
by the way, was several months back... a guy here in Charlotte was arrested for taking pictures of buildings!! then b/c he was actually as it turns out taking pictures of "specific bank buildings" such as the bank of america building downtown, one of our tallest. just b/c of him, a few more people were arrested or detained... one for taking pictures of the statues downtown and some other stupid ones... guess what. the first guy was of a race other than white... was not a US citizen... and was taken in and charged with some new anti-terrorist law... so now it's illegal to take pictures of the tallest building downtown, esp. if you're not from around here and it may be the biggest man made object you've ever seen in your life!!
There is something wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom