Dislocated my shoulder today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
TWICE (i think)

playing paintball, took a nasty hard dive, think i hit my shoulder straight on, all i could remember is pain, excruciating pain. I lied down and one of my friends told me to try and snap it back in by attempting to touch the back of my head.. i used my right hand to help in doing this, again, painful.. i kept at this, holding my left arm up so i touched the back of my head, no snapping sound or anything, some slight pain, but also a sort of stretch-relax feeling but I felt better enough that I could stand carefully and go sit somewhere to rest, at this point, dislocation wasn't on my mind, i thought maybe i just hit it real bad

I had to rest for over an hour, not moving the thing.. and it got a lot better in that time, still stiff as **** though, but I felt confidently (ie. stupidly) enough to start pivoting my arm around the joint to help stretch it out a little, and no surprise.. a crack and my arm was a bagillion pounds heavier, and the pain a lot worse than the first time, i stumbled to the rest area where I could lay my arm and I just couldn't raise it, eventually though, while standing this time, I did the back-of-head touching thing again and this time we heard a loud and deep muffled crunching sound, and while there was a different sort of pain, it was less painful than having the arm dislocated for sure, i pushed a little further and we heard a smaller snap sound

anyway, now I'm back home with a make-shift arm brace, i have to schedule an appointment with a doctor to see if i snapped it in properly and to see if there's any other damage, it's incredibly soar now and will be worse in the morning for sure, who knows, fractures, torn ligaments... i really hope not

and this is the first time i've had something like this happen at all, never broke a bone or dislocated a shoulder or anything

That stinks. Get it checked out for sure. I can say from experience with my knees that having torn ligaments and cartlidge isnt fun at all.

Ouch, yes we are all human and have out limits.

At least it wasnt a broken bone...those hurt.

I have had several, and had to have surgery twice even, so i feel your pain.

Oops, didn't know we were providing moral support for him. :p

It probably won't be a severe problem, but I am sure you will notice it pop sometimes and you might or might not have some light arthritis because of torn tissue in the joint.

I dislocated my knee in a quad accident about 2 years ago and still notice it is different then my "good knee".

never broke a bone or dislocated a shoulder or anything

If I've learned anything from life its Never say that.

I said that then decided to go skiing. Oh well of course I had to say that and jinx myself because I broke my leg that day.. snapped my right shin bone like a tooth pick...

Have the shoulder checked out asap and in the meantime, take an anti-inflammatory (aspirin, tylenol, advil, etc.) every four hours, whether there is pain or not. You want to reduce the inflammation as much as possible to minimize the damage to the joint.

Lol, unluckky Merk.

My cousin pulled my arm out of my socket when i was 10 on christmas... the pain..:eek: I fair bit more painfull then when i broke my wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom