DirectX 9.L will be a DirectX 10 for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
baronvongogo said:
well well the inquirer was wrong lol

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35140

"We managed to confirm the existence of DirectX 9.0L but it won't be a DirectX 10 for Windows XP. It will be the other way around. It is a faster version of DirectX 9.0 that will run under Vista only.

So I have to disappoint all of you who expected to run DirectX 10 games under Windows XP (and apologise, huh, Fudo? News Ed.) as there won't be an API to supports it. "

What's the surprise there.....
The inquirer being wrong.
Or the fact they admitted that they made a mistake.

baronvongogo said:
well well the inquirer was wrong lol

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35140

"We managed to confirm the existence of DirectX 9.0L but it won't be a DirectX 10 for Windows XP. It will be the other way around. It is a faster version of DirectX 9.0 that will run under Vista only.

So I have to disappoint all of you who expected to run DirectX 10 games under Windows XP (and apologise, huh, Fudo? News Ed.) as there won't be an API to supports it. "

Told you so.

I can't wait to see new games like, "Crysis"

Side by side
XP - DX9.0c - DX 9 Card
VISTA - DX10 - DX 10 Card

I'm really interested to see if the upgrade is so incredibly noticable that it MAKES me say, "OH MY GOD, I'VE GOT TO UPGRADE!".

My guess is it's going to be more like, "Meh, it's pretty cool, but not worth a $700 upgrade."

Meithan said:
Screw Vista AND DX10 then... I just upgraded to a 7600GT (from a GeForce 4 MX 440, lol)
WHOA! How did you keep that thing kicking around for so long?

Like I got my GeForce 4 MX 440 back in 2002.
Upgrade to GeForce FX 5700 in 2004
Upgrade to GeForce FX 6600GT few months back

WOOOOT!

Vista will now become the new Windows ME!!

EDIT:
So I see it won't be on XP after all.

Oh well I will just wait around for a hack to get DX10 working on XP.

I'm going to avoid Vista at all cost for now. I downloaded RC1 and it didn't like my computer very well... Ended up trying to install it twice and it would stop around 3/4 of the way through and freeze the computer to where I had to restart it. And I meet the minimum specs i'm sure...

Harper said:
WHOA! How did you keep that thing kicking around for so long?

Like I got my GeForce 4 MX 440 back in 2002.
Upgrade to GeForce FX 5700 in 2004
Upgrade to GeForce FX 6600GT few months back
that's nothing. I went from a TNT2, to a 6200, to a 7900 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom