DirectX 9.L will be a DirectX 10 for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam3s-Zer0

Daemon Poster
DirectX 9.0 L is simply a renamed and refurbished DirectX 10 for Windows XP. It will make DirectX 10 games to work on Windows XP. And games such as the upcoming Crysis won't work on the existing DirectX 9.0 c. they need a DirectX 9.0 L One of the biggest issues is the fact that Nvidia or ATI won't have any mainstream or entry-level cards until at least mid- to end of Q1 2007. This suggests that if Vista tips up around the beginning of the year, gamers will be turned off by it. Electronic Arts, the publisher of Crysis, wants to sell hundreds or thousands, even millions of copies and we doubt that Nvidia can produce and sell that many Geforce 8800 GTX and GTS cards. It will be interesting to see whether the Windows XP Crysis will be different from the Vista ones

Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35110

So this will enable Dx10 games on Windows XP...any need for Vista?

hmmm..thats intreresting, i'll have to do further reading on it because it is the inquirer.

would be nice, but I am still turned off my Vista's EULA, Im gonna switch more and more to Linux. OpenGL, here I come

I presume although it will run directx10 games it wont be able to use any directx 10 features. Like running a game that can go at directx9 but can be run at directx 7 so you lose some of the loveliness.

molsen said:
that makes me happy
That's a relief assuming it comes true of course. If this all comes to pass I doubt I'll upgrade to Vista since there'd be reason to that I can see.

that is good news... maybe MS realised that they were being stupid by only having it on Vista, and limiting the gaming market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom