Difference between the UK and the USA - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Difference between the UK and the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
The only good thing about the massive austerity cuts in the UK is there is no police anywhere. Nada. I remember when I started driving 7 years ago, that you had to be careful driving like a ****. There was a reasonable chance of a police car being around and spotting you. Lol, not anymore. You can drive howevever you want. I probably see one marked police car on my commute every 2 weeks, and I am in the car for almost 2 hours a day. Not to mention police foot patrols, which are completely non existent outside of London. They have even admitted that in some jurisdictions, police won't turn up to the scene of a house robbery, because they dont have the resources to deal with it.
This is NOT a good thing. Maybe for you in a nice quiet village in the middle of no were but we on my local housing estate have a massive drugs problem especially with the teenagers and youth generation.

Cocain is every were and I mean every were. On my street alone the kids every single night of the week are sitting under the bridge at the top of my street smoking cigarets and doing weed. This is NOT a good thing from 13 too 14 years and onwards.

I know personally of 4 Drug Dealers who are on my street alone and their is at least 3 too 6 less than a 10 minute walk from my house up threw the ally way and in too the next housing estate.

Then you have the next area over past the traffic lights and metro station were Drugs are rife and I mean rife.

A lot of them simply sell weed but their are a lot of people who are now selling the cocain. Its a life style were people are in debt and struggling to survive on what the DWP is giving out in the way of Government benefits being whats called UC (Universal Credit .)

People cant afford to pay their rent so sell the likes of Cocain at 50 per packet and can make 500 + in the space of a week end.

Its everywhere.

Be quite honest kman, I'm not being nasty and you should know I wouldn't go out my way to purposefully be malicious but that comment is pretty ****ty to be fair. The drugs on my housing estate you would struggle to comprehend.

Its just every were and I'm sick of being caught up in this **** around hear even with family. But that’s another story. Its just sickening that’s all.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Default Re: Difference between the UK and the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
This is NOT a good thing. Maybe for you in a nice quiet village in the middle of no were but we on my local housing estate have a massive drugs problem especially with the teenagers and youth generation.

Cocain is every were and I mean every were. On my street alone the kids every single night of the week are sitting under the bridge at the top of my street smoking cigarets and doing weed. This is NOT a good thing from 13 too 14 years and onwards.

I know personally of 4 Drug Dealers who are on my street alone and their is at least 3 too 6 less than a 10 minute walk from my house up threw the ally way and in too the next housing estate.

Then you have the next area over past the traffic lights and metro station were Drugs are rife and I mean rife.

A lot of them simply sell weed but their are a lot of people who are now selling the cocain. Its a life style were people are in debt and struggling to survive on what the DWP is giving out in the way of Government benefits being whats called UC (Universal Credit .)

People cant afford to pay their rent so sell the likes of Cocain at 50 per packet and can make 500 + in the space of a week end.

Its everywhere.

Be quite honest kman, I'm not being nasty and you should know I wouldn't go out my way to purposefully be malicious but that comment is pretty ****ty to be fair. The drugs on my housing estate you would struggle to comprehend.

Its just every were and I'm sick of being caught up in this **** around hear even with family. But that’s another story. Its just sickening that’s all.
Chill dude, I didnt mean police cuts in general were good, or even traffic police for that matter - I was just jesting at the fact that atleast I dont get busted doing 90 on the motorway now. I was mocking the whole situation in all honestly.