Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple Pie is delicious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
You make me sick..........

You'd better be close to finding the cure for every disease known to man getting that kind of luxury.

I should just stay out of this thread, I know I'm going to see more comments like these and it's just sickening, absolutely freakin sickening.

That's what I thought.... >_< I work hard for my stuff. I bought everything for my comp except for the CPU (P3 933), the memory(512mb pc133 sdram), and the cd burner/dvd combo drive. Everything that was given to me was handed down to me from my bros because they keep upgrading. For example, the cd/dvd drive was from my one bro because his drive bays are all full. :)

Edit: Oh yea....once my bro builds his new computer he said he'll give me his old one (AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 1gb of PC3200 DDR, ATI Radeon 9600xt 128mb), and then I'll be giving my current one to my grandparents. :) Everyone in my family helps each other out...well, almost everyone, but don't expect to get a dime out of my parents -- rather, once I turn 18 I gotta start paying rent. :p Parents know how to teach the value of a dollar.

I got some of my current parts handed down from relatives (monitor and some small stuff).
The rest I purchased with my own money (worked for it).

My first computer was a P200 MMX which I got from my dad (see sig). It died (the computer, not my dad), so I bought a P2 400MHz for a few bucks. About a year later I bought my current computer (AMD 1600+) for about $180-200, and bought some harddisks and other upgrades.

In the past 3 years I think I spent a total of about 500 dollars on computer parts. Not much, but I didn't have a lot of money.
Now I am saving for a new computer.

Frank Jaeger said:
Paid for every last piece of my computer with my own money. My parents would never buy me something as expensive as a computer and I really don't care that they wont. When you have to acually work for you stuff you appreciate it 100x more than if your parents just hand you a credit card.

agreed!!! i say i've spent over 1000 on my computer... and everything i just have to look at it in amazement.. knowing i paid for it, and built it!!!! gives me that tingly feeling inside of accomplishment, like i actually did something!

You'd better be close to finding the cure for every disease known to man getting that kind of luxury.
Fully aggreed!
Parents know how to teach the value of a dollar.
I believe this! My parents dont buy sh!t for me when it comes to my interest/hobbies...
as far as the rent thing goes, im not paying it yet, tho i have other expences i pay for entirely on my own... being 365/month for my car, 236/month insurance, and 80/month for my cell ... i have enough to pay... dont think i can afford rent on a 1000/month income ;/ I work my as$ off for everything i own, with the exceptional few x-mas presents ive recieved .. being 18 and having responcibilities sucks! lol **** rich kids that get their parents credit cards ... i hate u!

Nubius said:

I should just stay out of this thread, I know I'm going to see more comments like these and it's just sickening, absolutely freakin sickening.

Yes its sick, although it would be nice to get everything for free. I actually appreciate the fact that i have to work for everything i own.

wow you guys are pretty harsh... its not their fault they're parents have alot of money and are willing to buy for them....

but as others said, i too have some expences to pay, i help my brother with his school and car, and i also help my parents with some of their bills.. but i'm grateful that i'm usually left with at least 300 from my paychecks

after i pay for my gas ... and all my bills ... i have about 20$ left ... i may save it .. or i may give it to my mom to pay back the $4000 i owe her ... (I had transmission problems with my old truck ... she ended up paying for it to fix it cus i couldnt make the money to fix it w/o being able to drive to work ;/ ... and the Down payment my dad helped me with on my car ... which i still say my interest rate is tooo high .. )

I bought my computer 3 years ago from BestBuy (I know) with my own money...well it was a BestBuy card. Lol 12 months no interest.
And some nice upgrades...thx to my gf.

I have a very general budget. I can spend up to $100 on new games every month. I also save $100 for computer upgrades with anything not spent on games going into that fund. All of the rest of my paycheck goes to bills, food, cloths, etc. After six months I can choose to spend my savings on upgrades or continue to put money away. My next planned upgrade is for the CPU, RAM, and motherboard so I will continue to save for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom