Did a little work on my Truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, i love the red carbon fibre. We (a joint payment between me, my dad, and my cousin) just upgraded our off road landy too.

mylandy.jpg

We put on a roll cage, just a 1" lift kit for now, soon to be 2" hopefully. But we decided we dont like the tyres in the pic above so will get some Khumo's. We also added a snorkel but it's not properly connected to the air filter because the tubing wouldn't quite reach :eek: And a Warn 9500Lbs winch.

Nice I'm looking at getting a 2.5 lift for my truck. I want to put some better tires on it but cant go any bigger then what I have now because the front tires will rub when I try to turn... It's pretty cheap to do.. only a few hundred.. but then the new tires are expencive.. 4 + 1 spare tire are close to a grand easy.. Hows the spot and fogs on the roof working for you? I wanted to get a roll bar and put some fogs or spots on it but im having a hard time finding one.

I got a similar blue/black fiber dash trim kit for my Scion xB when I picked it up back in '04.... man... WORST money ever spent to be honest. It faded in the sun REAAAAAALY quickly, and turned grayish green. Looked like TOTAL garbage, oh well. Hope you have better luck. If I do something similar again, it will just be removing pieces, and doing a nice paint job on them.

Nice I'm looking at getting a 2.5 lift for my truck. I want to put some better tires on it but cant go any bigger then what I have now because the front tires will rub when I try to turn... It's pretty cheap to do.. only a few hundred.. but then the new tires are expencive.. 4 + 1 spare tire are close to a grand easy.. Hows the spot and fogs on the roof working for you? I wanted to get a roll bar and put some fogs or spots on it but im having a hard time finding one.

There hooked up to a main controll pannel, which is hooked up to a battery monitor which feeds the lights off one battery which the engine and winch isn't using.

However if the engine one is low, it switches that over to a fuller battery , but switches the winch and lights on the lower one. (also all the hydrolics, etc will go on the other battery if and when we get them)

Basically the engine takes priority.

That randy ellis would suck off road, it's got a long wheelbase which i dont think is as good, it's spring suspension cant detatch with alot of articulation, it's not a landrover, the tyres are pretty bad to. It's just made to look nice, the axel all looks pretty crap.

But then i guess it's not for offroad.

So, I got bored over my days off so I decided to add some parts to my truck, I got a new Grille Guard, New projector Headlights, a carbon fiber dash kit and new leather seats.
Nice wire managment, i mean errrrrrrr (does not know how to talk about trucks, oh noes!) The laptop adds a nice bit of tech savy to it, good job. I'll take some Pics of me and my brothers Jeep cherokee. He fixed it up some and he thinks he is gangster now. But still, it does look a bit nice :).

From the Tennessee Code Annotated.
55-9-105. Televisions in motor vehicles — Operation or installation — Applicability — Violations. —

(a) A person shall not operate a motor vehicle with a television receiver, a video monitor, or a television or video screen capable of displaying a television broadcast or video signal that produces entertainment or business applications, if the receiver, monitor or screen is intended to display images visible to the driver in a normal position when the vehicle is in motion.

(b) A person shall not install in a motor vehicle a television receiver, a video monitor, or a television or video screen capable of displaying a television broadcast or video signal that produces entertainment or business applications, if the receiver, monitor or screen is intended to display images visible to the driver in a normal position when the vehicle is in motion.

So as long as you can't see the screen at all while driving, it's legal. I am guessing even with it where you have it, you may be able to see it. And if you get pulled over by a cop with an attitude...

^thats why you just shut the screen

put a pop up dvd player in my moms car and it had this thing where it would not operate as a dvd player while the car was in drive, so we figured out how to unlock it and now whenever she gets pulled over she just pushes a button and the screen retracts

they cant get you for having a laptop in your car so just shut the lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom