DHT Firewalled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_Jaeger

Baseband Member
I'm trying to use Azureus (BitTorrent aplication) for the first time and it's telling me that,

"there is a problem with the Distibuted Database's UDP port mapping (NAT/Firewall)."

what does this mean and how do I fix it?

UDP port is blocked, unblock it with your packet filtering settings or "firewall" for you windows users, I think its port 623 off the top of my head, easy to look up its number

er ok... I'm kind of a noob so how exactly would I find out for sure which port is the UDP port?

and I know how to unblock the port in windows firewall but I don't know how to unblock it for my router's firewall (Linksys WRT54GL)....

what does your linksys router use for admin?web based admin isnt it?that would be the first place to start..........the manual is available online at the linksys website

meaning, chances are its a simple fix by entering a URL into your browser and possibly a password and then changing the settings

ok thanks

now I just have to figure out what port is the UDP port, and I have no idea how to do that...

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

see if router has a log file and check check for accesses to a port its been blocking regularly

im pretty sure its 623 azureus uses, check the azureus website maybe, might be in the preferences or network settings in the azureus app itself as well.........may be able to pick your own, it isnt critical, it will work ok with just tcp/ip

DHT or dynamic host tracking isnt mandatory and some torrent sites will ban you for it

ok I'm not sure how to fix this and because you say it isn't mandatory I'm going to just try to download a torrent and see if it works.

yeah I'm downloading something and it is going really slow. It says that there is a "Firewall/NAT (TCP) reachability problem."

I was reading in Azureus' help section about how to fix the NAT problem but it is all as clear as mud to me. It says to:

"Ensure you are using a port number that is not already reserved by a computer process or PC on your network, or that is possibly being blacklisted/throttled by your ISP."

I have no idea what port number they're talking about or how to check and see if its already reserved by a computer process or PC. Why must these things be so complicated. :(

whats your router configuration say?does it have a logfile? have you even checked your router setup? chances are its getting blocked there

DHT isnt mandatory but an open tcp port thats unblocked is definitely needed, I know for a fact azureus lets you choose that port, I think its 6881 by default

why is it so difficult? It isnt, but sometimes you have to be able to read the directions and understand what to do, not my fault 99.9999% of people out there just jump onto a computer w/o any help or training and then get lost LOL..........but it seems to be quite normal these days

this really needs moved to the networking subforum.......mods?you guys asleep or what?

I use port 50,000 and havent had any problems. I would change the default port to get better performance. This can be found in your AZ config. I forget the exact menu since I am at work I cant look at it, but it think its like OPTIONS then configuration. I didnt have to do anything with the Windows Firewall at all just my router. Just port foward port 50,000 to your PC's IP address and make sure you also enter the port trigger. I would in your router use a range of say 50,000-55,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom