Desktop Screenshot Thread

Re: Desktop Screenshot Thread (56K Warning!!)

Well that one came with OSX the rest of them I just find at random - I find them via google or even stumble. I have a ****ton of them on a external drive someware I will try an post them some ware soon.

Saxon,

Isnt OS X 10.5.5 out now? I thought i saw a article on that the other day that they released a new update. Might want to check for it. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Yea I am giving it a little time before upgrading - an it's not available in the uk as yet on the software update.

My Fedora 9 install. Trying to move over to it permanently but have a couple of bugging issues. (Dual monitors, not sure I like the music players etc.)

What size monitors are you using? I have a 19in an a 17in but the size split isnt that bad :|

That would count for it then :p

How are you liking it any how? Linux I meen an you might whant to give FreeBSD a go aswell it's a nice OS an tbh it has better 3rd party driver support.

That would count for it then :p

How are you liking it any how? Linux I meen an you might whant to give FreeBSD a go aswell it's a nice OS an tbh it has better 3rd party driver support.

I'm not too sure. Fedora I really like, I love using the command line (as I do with CentOS on my server). I have got it looking how I want within the desktop environment for Gnome, have problems with KDE themeing though, which is a shame as I prefer the KDE bar more than gnome. I hate the look of the login screen, which unfortunately is a mess to change.

As I said, dual monitor implementation is not very good and I do not like Amarok. It lacks the functionality of my Foobar setup and has crashed my system.

These faults make me lead to saying Linux is not ready for the average home desktop user. I would install it as my only OS on a laptop with out a second thought though.

These faults make me lead to saying Linux is not ready for the average home desktop user. I would install it as my only OS on a laptop with out a second thought though.

You are correct , no average user uses Linux.

New desktop (Vista Ultimate):

Back
Top Bottom