desktop computer placement.....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Anywhere it'll fit, LOL. My comp is in a cubby in my desk, basically on the floor, but enclosed. My comp has quite a few fans for cooling, and the temp is always pretty low even when I'm overclocking, so, if your comp really does have a great cooling system, just don't cover or block the fans or the vented sides and you'll be fine putting it anywhere. I'd say just give a little bit on each side to "breathe".

The problem with putting in the floor is that it's more likely to attract more dust. I find that computers that are on desk do not have an much dust inside.

Unfortunatly, with a full tower case + one other computer, my desk does lack the real estate. However, i have modded all my case intake fans so that they reduce the amount of dust going in.

I would make sure there is some pass in the back of the pc. Mainly so you do not bend your cables. Mainly your monitor cable.

The only other thing is the make sure what ever UPS that you might have (if you do have one) is as far away as possible from your PC. I have seen the screw computer systems over when they have gone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom