Desk, what to do?

I have hung a 75lb tv on a single stud safely. As long as you stay within the weight limit your safe. If all 3 monitors take up +40lbs you need new monitors lol

HAHA... My house was older then that... WAY older. I currently live in a home built in the 50s. Don't just assume that I live in a new house. I haven't lived in a house newer then 40 years old ever in my life.

truth be told, most older houses have better wood than any new house built in the last 8-10 years... The stud will handle the weight as long as your on center as much as possible and don't create too big a hole to compromise the integrity of the wood; But any screw bigger than a 3/8 will be over kill.

Aside from that, a few of my friends I talked to, outside TF, said the stand with the clamps would be easier. And as I posted earlier, it is a lot cheaper than the multiple stands with feet.

Agreed. Mounting is more a permanent solution. Since you did say that you don't like the desk, have you looked on CL, ikea, etc... to see if maybe you can come up with a better solution for it as well?

What's CL? Never heard of that one.

The closest Ikea to us is 2 hours away. And their shipping is obnoxious. I'd rather look at Office Max, Staples, or somewhere.

But any desk I get, will have to be the same size. Just more, umm, ingenious?

HAHA... My house was older then that... WAY older. I currently live in a home built in the 50s. Don't just assume that I live in a new house. I haven't lived in a house newer then 40 years old ever in my life.
I was saying it in general actually, and just because a house is newer OR older doesn't mean the wood would be better but typically older houses are more prone to have/had termites, rotting, or other issues. Heat issues, moisture issues, or unstable foundation could cause warping which could weaken studs as well. Some people live in rented, used, or older homes which could have had issues like these that aren't mentioned. That is why I don't normally recommend wall mounts unless the person knows for certain their studs are good or are confident in finding studs.

Back
Top Bottom