Desk, what to do?

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
IMG_0234.jpg

(ignore the mess on the left, going through a transformation atm..)

I got this desk from Ikea several years ago. Not even listed on their site anymore. Can't remember the name.

Things I hate about it:

-It is not solid wood. It's like plankboard that's been slapped together.
-The top is all disformed now, since I dropped some water on it, and other liquids.

So, I want to be able to use up this small space that I have, by making it more productive. Any pointers?

I know I'm probably leaving out a lot, but I have to go atm, just wanted to get some quick thoughts down.

Agreed, those LCD risers make it look 100% more clutteriscious. (word?) The cables in the back could be a bit neater but I don't blame you, I think the back of everyone's desk is just an empire of cables.

Agreed, those LCD risers make it look 100% more clutteriscious. (word?) The cables in the back could be a bit neater but I don't blame you, I think the back of everyone's desk is just an empire of cables.
Mine isn't too bad, but I kinda take my time and route cables from bottom to top. More time consuming but looks better.

Well, I needed my LCDs raised. Hence the riser stand. The standard height is just too low for my eyes. Should I just get a dual LCD stand? I really would like to mount the LCDs, but I'm not the best at finding studs. Even with a stud meter.

The problem with my 2 x 20" and 23" is that it will not fit on my desk. at the far right is my phone, router, and modem. There's not much room over there. Unless perhaps I turn my Samsung 90*. I did have it that way before.

As for my wiring underneath, I have been moving stuff around. So, in time, it will be all sorted. :)

Well, I needed my LCDs raised. Hence the riser stand. The standard height is just too low for my eyes. Should I just get a dual LCD stand? I really would like to mount the LCDs, but I'm not the best at finding studs. Even with a stud meter.

The problem with my 2 x 20" and 23" is that it will not fit on my desk. at the far right is my phone, router, and modem. There's not much room over there. Unless perhaps I turn my Samsung 90*. I did have it that way before.

As for my wiring underneath, I have been moving stuff around. So, in time, it will be all sorted. :)
Well it looks like the height of your desk is about the same as mine, and since I'm about 6ft I doubt you are much higher than me, maybe you just need to lower your chair? When I sit straight up in my chair the top of my middle monitor is level with my eyes and it isn't too low. That is with my chair all the way up. You can move everything over to the right and simply put your handset behind your right LCD.

INVEST IN THIS: Amazon.com: Triple Monitor Desktop Stand: Electronics or something similar.. That will make the Space 100% better.

To me, the less stuff that sits on the desk the better. For instance I have architect lamps so they clamp to the corner of the desk and free a ton of room. I then keep all printer and that on a shelf next to my desk. Soon I will be moving my mic, speakers and monitors to stands to free up that much more space. Stuff that can be kept int he bathroom (those tums) should be there. Basically everything you don't USE more then once or twice a day could be better off not in the workspace. Organizing the cables in the back will automatically make it look more spacious, and then of course keeping the stuff off the floor will make it look that much better.

Back
Top Bottom