Which desk do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I can't decide on these two desk. They are both Ikea desk. The glass one I would buy new since it's not to much. The black one I would get off craigslist because new it cost over $300.

Help me pick!

IKEA Galant Computer Desk - great shape

or

IKEA | Drawer units | GALANT system | GALANT | Table

FYI: The glass table you see there isn't the exact one but looks just like that besides the glass is actually a frost look to it.

Here is that black one from the craigslist link at Ikea, however this one has the extension on it.

IKEA | Drawer units | GALANT system | GALANT | Desk combination left half-round

Also. This will go into a room that has dark brown wood floors. I think I like the black one better but it might look weird with the floors right?

Yeah this was a tough one for me but I think I am going with the black one. I like the L shape and it's cheaper. Been spending money to much lately when I should be saving where I can.

Speaking of spending money I think I talked the g/f into me buying a new LCD tv for the room where my computer stuff will go!! So now she can have the living room to watch tv whenever she wants and the den will be all my computer and gaming stuff!

First one definitely. Glass tables means you see annoying wires and such through it. Easier to clean, though.

First one definitely. Glass tables means you see annoying wires and such through it. Easier to clean, though.

Glass Tables may be easy to clean but they get dirty so quick it's insane.

Although, it's quite remarkable how strong they are. An entire 95kg of Oreo can sit on it no problem + one of my friends :laughing:

Well I went with the black one from Ikea that I found on craigslist. I must say WOW I am glad I did. This desk is much nicer looking in person then what I saw on the add. Plus it's even better. This desk comes with different pieces. Well in the add he stated he had the L shape middle piece and the two round ends. That is around $360 bucks. Well once he got here he said he actually has another extension for it that he forgot and that he would meet me today to get it (he never used it before). So basically I got the full desk set (every piece) for $125!!!! Everything new is around $400. To top it off it's in brand new condition. I couldn't find one mark on this desk any where. Easy to put together too!

Here is a picture of it. However I do not have the extension on it (Add's another 31 inches) and I don't have the other half round piece on the right side. That stuff is to big for this place. I'm moving in 3 weeks and I will have a den. Will be putting all my computer stuff and gaming stuff in there!!!! Can't wait! :)

Pic:

desk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom