derice my logitech webcam software

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
it is giving me problems since day one.
and after about 5 updates its still crappy just different issue every time its updated

in addition to that it hogs the sht out of my resources.

i dont really know what i can do to limit its "resourcehogginess"

one way i thought to reduce the memory use is to modify the program to delete all the damn graphics it uses to look fancy and all the damn buttons and sliding boxes that it has.

i use it for parking lot monitoring and dont care about flashy flash buttons

i also still cant find any worthy replacement for it
i tried about 10 different free motion detection programs from cnet but they all have more issues than logitech or just plain old crippled software with no support...

so how can i lighten up the logitech software and limit its use of system resources?
theres that LWS service and then webcam service.

and from reading online im not the only one complaining about it but so far logitech havent answered any of my emails or done anything about these issues that people are having...

You're not going to be able to just "modify" the program like that. Once its compiled, its compiled.

Well, he could always use some reverse engineering wizardry.

Hex editing is pretty difficult, IMO.

Unless the images are all stored within a file, and not embedded into the application itself, it would require hex editing, and doing that on specific parts of the application just to remove images would be a PITA.

some time ago i had source editor for exe files i was thinking if i could replace all the interface components that are made up of images with something of single color like windows interface that should lighten up the program and replace all the damn logos and grapics with just plain single color images as well.

i kept trying to find a suitable motion detection program but they are either very undeveloped or trial programs...

the logitech does what i need but at very high cost and freezing pc and very slow performance. i dont know if its because it uses system drive as temp directory for video or some other reason.

Back
Top Bottom