Dell Now Offering AMD Desktops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's about time, i think they might of had a deal with intel not to make any with amd's until CD2 was out, so intel always had the best CPU's in dells.

Vybuni said:
I'm still not buying one.
me neither....

It was only a matter of time, though. Dell has been constantly looking for ways to make their systems cheaper and cheaper, it's only natural that they would start using AMD's less expensive procs.

Good, now I wonder if they will be advertising this on TV? They seem to use Intel as a status symbol ... like instead of "dual-core processor" they say "with Intel Dual-Core Processing" ... guh ... I hate Intel for advertising so much. :(

The General said:
"with Intel Dual-Core Processing"

They make it sound like Intel invented dual core and it's exclusive only to them.
Funny how AMD has almost as large a market share as Intel and they use almost no advertising...

Apples got a dedicate series with the core 2 duos...*Cries* i need to upgrade soon!!!

GREAT. Now only to i have to compete with selling Intel systems at bugger all margin. I now I have to do the same with AMD systems too.

Customer :- I don't understand why your computer system is so expensive when I can by the same from Dell for $200 cheaper

Harper :- Well we don't charge $99 delivery

Customer :- $99 Delivery or not, thier computer system is still $200 cheaper.
[rant]I miss the days when I used to be able to make $300 on a system Celeron System. Now I am lucky to see $50 just on a Pentium 4 Dual Core. [/rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom